2022 Shepaug Summer Reading
Information for Students in Grades 6 - 12
One Book/One School/One Community
Summer Reading Expectations
- Read and enjoy our one school/one book, "The House in the Cerulean Sea" by T.J. Klune. Think about questions you might like to ask the author when he visits on September 27th!
- For links to book talks and more, join the Summer Reading Google Classroom.
- Note to Middle School parents: If you would prefer that your child not read "The House in the Cerulean Sea," they may read "The Mysterious Benedict Society" by Trenton Lee Stewart as an alternative.
- Read a second book of your choice. Explore! Try a new genre! Challenge yourself or just escape into a comfortable classic. Find recommendations by clicking on the blue button below. And don't forget that eBooks and audiobooks are available on Sora!
- When we return to school, students will be asked to connect their free-choice summer reading to one of the Shepaug Learner Outcomes (Core Values and Guiding Beliefs). Textual evidence will be required to support your connection, so you may want to take brief notes as you read. The book and your notes may be used as you craft your response in class.
The Shepaug Learner Outcomes are as follows: Engaging in the Creative Process, Solving Problems, Defending Conclusions and Judgments, and Answering a Call to Citizenship.
Try SYNC Audiobooks for Teens!
SYNC is a free summer audiobook program for teens 13+. Running April 28 - August 17, 2022, SYNC gives participants two thematically paired audiobooks each week. Titles are available worldwide and change every Thursday at midnight Eastern Time during the season.
For more information and download information, click here.
Check out the programs and borrowing opportunities available at our public libraries this summer!
"Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination. They open up windows to the world and inspire us to explore and achieve, and contribute to improving our quality of life. Libraries change lives for the better." ~Sidney Sheldon
Click here to learn more about Burnham Library, Main Street, Bridgewater.
Gunn Memorial Library
Click here to learn more about Gunn Memorial Library, 5 Wykeham Road, Washington.
Minor Memorial Library
Click here to learn more about Minor Memorial Library, 23 South Street, Roxbury.