March Family Newsletter
March 2, 2021
Dear Copper Hill Families,
Copper Hill School continues to stay connected and help our school community. We must give many shout outs:
- Our Cougars donated several hundred pounds of needed food and healthcare products to the Flemington Food Pantry.
- Thank you to our fantastic PTO for creating and delivering Valentine's Day baskets to our school community. Thank you to our PTO for the delicious cake pop treats for our staff.
- Thank you to all our families who participated in our recent Dine Out fundraiser at Al Fresco's.
- Thank you to our families, and incoming families, who started the kindergarten registration process. We are so excited to welcome our newest learners to Cougar Country.
As we move towards the third trimester, we look forward to welcoming back more Cougars to in-person learning and additional time in school. We thank you all very much for your continued support of your children and school community. Copper Hill School is Brave, Smart, Kind and Connected.
Please see important reminders below.
With great appreciation,
READ ACROSS AMERICA
IMPORTANT PRINCIPAL NOTES AND REMINDERS
Switch from Virtual to Hybrid/Hybrid to Virtual
Requests to transfer from virtual to hybrid/hybrid to virtual have been received. Building administration is working through the changes. I have started contacting families this week to discuss their child's transition.
- Copper Hill School will have one virtual class dedicated to each grade level (K-4) that will not be livestreaming.
- The schedule for virtual students will be similar to the all virtual schedule from September 2020. (Schedule is being determined)
- Schedule is being determined
- Livestreaming is not going to occur
Modifications to Parent Pickup Procedures:
- Additional information will be shared shortly
Any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Health and Safety
We must continue to work together to ensure the safety of our school community. Please contact our school nurse, Mrs. Maslankowski via email email@example.com, if there has been a close contact, symptoms, a positive test, or if you have traveled out of state. In addition, please be sure to contact the main office if you anticipate any travel in the upcoming months.
Please continue to complete the health screening in Genesis each morning your child is attending in-person learning by 7:30 AM.
Please continue to read Dr. McGann’s newsletters pertaining to the impact of COVID 19.
In-Person PE Classes:
- Continue to dress your child in layers of clothing, as we will continue to go outside for physical education and mask breaks during the winter months.
- As we transition to 3/22, a new schedule will be implemented. Therefore, students will no longer have physical education everyday. Students, both in-person, and virtual, will revert to the six day cycle of related arts.
- We will continue with adequate mask breaks outside, and lunch outside as the weather gets warmer.
- If a remote learning teacher is absent, then students may receive live instruction from a substitute, a Copper Hill staff member, or asynchronous (not live) instruction/lessons.
- Notification will come from the school, and/or teacher, that there will be a modification to the facilitation of the lesson.
- Please continue to correspond with the office if your child is going to be absent from school. If your child is virtual or on their remote week, this is also important so that we can document accordingly.
- During virtual learning, if your child is late to attend virtual classes, he/she will be marked tardy or early dismissal if they miss afternoon learning sessions.
Tips to Help Your Child at Home
- Please ensure that your child is working in an appropriate learning environment. The environment should have the fewest distractions possible and the device should be stationary on a stable surface. Students should come to class on time and with their learning materials ready.
- Communicate with your child's teacher individually outside of instructional time if you have questions or concerns. Please avoid interrupting live instruction.
- All anticipated absences, late arrivals, or early departures from the virtual classroom should be communicated by a parent/guardian to the homeroom/remote teacher.
Teacher Request 2021-2022 School Year
Creation of class lists is an important responsibility that classroom teachers, content specialists, guidance and administrators take very seriously. A great deal of time and effort goes into creating classes, which are well balanced academically and socially. Many factors are considered in making placement decisions, including both desirable and undesirable social combinations of students, numbers of students requiring academic support or enrichment and overall number balance.
Placement decisions are not made casually. Because it is not as simple as placing a student with a teacher without considering all of the dynamics of each class, as well as the individual and collective needs of the students, the Flemington Raritan School District does not honor parental requests for specific teachers.
Parents may write a letter to the principal stating specific needs that their child may have and which may be considered when placing the student. The letter should state facts to consider and not include a request for a specific teacher.
LETTERS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAY 1, 2021
3/1-3/5: READ ACROSS AMERICA
3/1/21 to 3/5/21- CogAT Cohort B (Grades 2, 3, 4)
3/8/21 to 3/12/21- CogAT Cohort A (Grades 2, 3, 4)
3/15-Students start in new learning modality
3/22-Cohorts absolved, all in-person students report to school
3/26-Crazy Cougar Day-Crazy Hair Day
4TH GRADE YEARBOOKS
The time has come for yearbook preparations!
Due to the nature of this school year we are asking for your help!
This year we are creating yearbooks through a new company called TreeRing. We are excited that this company offers the unique opportunity for parents to help create the yearbook.
How can you help?
Each parent/child will be given ½ of a page in the yearbook (known as a Recognition Ad) to add 5 pictures of your child. These pictures can be at home virtual learning pictures, first day of in person or virtual school, outdoor learning opportunities, down time after school, etc.
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CLICK THE AD BUTTON AND FOLLOW THE SIMPLE STEPS.
There is also a section within TreeRing to add other photos from years past that you can drop pictures in – Halloween parades, kindergarten Thanksgiving feast, walk-a-thon, etc.
***NOT ALL pictures sent in will be included. I will do my best to include as many as I can as I have in years past.***
Please note…if you do not fill out a personal section for your child there will not be a personal section added for them. Their school portrait will be included and any past year pictures that there may be.
I appreciate your assistance in helping make the best out of the not so normal type of school year we have had.
A few important key items:
- Yearbooks will be $30
- Firm deadline to create your child’s personalized section is April 1st.
Login to www.treering.com/validate to create an account for your child School passcode - 1016112633113497
Any questions please email Marianne at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 908-892-0078.
🐾 Copper Hill Spiritwear - FREE SHIPPING until March 8 - Our ONLINE STORE is open year round. Delivered right to your door. There are 12 designs and tons of products!
🍫 Gertrude Hawk Chocolates - PAPER ORDERS ARE DUE BACK TO COPPER HILL. Checks for the total order must be included with the form, with checks made out to "CH PTO". Orders will be shipped directly to Copper Hill school the week of March 22. Shipping is free. *You can also have your order ship to your home for a small shipping fee. If anyone wants to place a paper order but can't get it completed by March 1, you must contact Kelly Guiton at 570-561-5447 or email@example.com ASAP to discuss.
As a reminder, you can continue to place ONLINE orders up to March 28. IF, however, you want your online order to be shipped to Copper Hill (for free) the week of March 22, you must order by March 4. You can continue to place online orders after March 4, but they must be shipped to your home (for a small shipping fee).
QCrew BBQ - Copper Hill PTO has teamed up with QCrew BBQ Catering Company to make dinner easy every Thursday for the month of March! QCrew is happy to offer their full GRAB N GO menu. You will have the choice of picking up your order at their safe curbside location in the Hunterdon Commons Mall (Retro Fitness Complex) or have it delivered directly to your home! The PTO will receive 15% of your purchase. Please see the attached flyer for more important information.
**Please note a very important detail - QCrew requests that all orders be placed by 6:00 p.m. the day before your selected pick up. You can also place your order days in advance if you choose.
The Copper Hill PTO is excited to work with Chirp Workshop to offer Stuff A Mascot Cougar kits for our Copper Hill Students!
The Copper Hill PTO will be providing delivery of your mascot directly to your home. Please fill out ONE order form per stuffed mascot.
All orders must be placed by Sunday, March 21st. Orders will be delivered between March 30th - April 1st to the delivery address listed on this form. Address must be local.
Price is $18 which includes front porch delivery.
Please Venmo Copper Hill PTO. www.venmo.com/CopperHill-PTO
To arrange for check or cash payment please text/call Kelly Guiton at 570-561-5447
**When sending payment via Venmo, please make sure to include in the message the number of mascots you are ordering and each of the recipient's name(s).
Each Cougar Mascot Kit includes:
* 8 inch Cougar Mascot Plushie
* Directions for stuffing your mascot
* Cottage box home for your mascot
* Stuffing for your mascot
* Heart to put inside your mascot
* Mascot Adoption Certificate
Order here (one order form per stuffed mascot) --> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kxOcveZGF24ohN2LQH8utV3frKgxp5KkdvTKECWePHc/edit?ts=603d7c0c&gxids=7628