MEAP Testing Tips for Students
Your Child Will Be Sure to Shine on MEAP Day with These Helpful Test Day Tips
MEAP Tips for Students
- Get a good night’s sleep the nights prior to testing.
- Eat a nutritious breakfast/lunch prior to your test.
- Read each item carefully underlining important ideas in passages if necessary.
- Select the best answer for all multiple-choice questions, as you’re not penalized for guessing.
- Erase all stray marks & change answers completely (multiple choice items are machine scored!)
- Write neatly so scorers can read your responses (Remember, scorers are not familiar with your handwriting!)
- If you use a diagram to answer a question, make sure to use words as well to explain what the diagram is showing.
- For many of the math problems you’ll need to show / explain how you got your answer. Don’t just write the answer down!
- If a question asks for 2 reasons, give 3 or more if you can in case one of your first answers isn’t right.
- If you don’t know the exact answer, write what you can about the general topic of the question – you may earn partial points!