How the cardiovascular system works
Three main functions
- transport of the nutrients, oxygen, and hormones to cells all through the body and removal of metabolic wastes.
- protection of the body by by white blood cells antibodies, and complement proteins that circulate in bood and defend the body against foreign microbes and toxins
- Regulation of body temperature, fliud pH and water content of cells
- Blood vessels make up your overall blood circulatory system
- Arteries carry blood away from the heart
- veins carry oxygenated blood to your heart