New Tech News
July 19th, 2018
Dates To Know For 2018-2019
- July 31st- August 1st: Senior Pictures
- August 2nd: Schedule pick up (exact times will be sent later this summer)
- August 2nd: Picture day for all Rookies, Sophomores, and Juniors at schedule pick-up. It is a requirement throughout the district that all high school learners wear photo IDs.
- August 3rd: Rookie Camp from 9am-12pm
- August 3rd: 1pm-3pm Senior College Workshop
- August 9th 4pm-6pm: Late Schedule Pickup
- August 15th: First Day of School
- August 28th: Open House
- September 13th: College Night
- October 19th: Picture Makeup Day
Schedule Pickup Times for August 2nd
Rookies: 9:00am to 10:00am
Seniors: 10:00am to 11:30am
Juniors: 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Sophomores: 3:00pm to 4:30pm
If you are unable to come during your assigned time, you are able to come during one of the other times. The times help us with making sure that you don't have a long line.
First Day of School
Things to know about the 3 days of school:
As is custom, we will start the first three days in first week project groups. You will receive a newsletter the week school starts with the classroom you are assigned to for those first three days. Please come to school ready on Wednesday with your laptop!
Future Testing Accommodation Information
NTH@C College Board and ACT Testing Accommodations
Application Process and Forms
A student with a documented disability may be eligible for accommodations on College Board tests (SAT, SAT Subject Tests, PSAT, and AP exams) and the ACT. The school does not automatically apply for students to receive accommodations, but will assist families once the request is made to begin the process of applying for accommodations if their child is eligible for Section 504 or SPED. Parents should initiate the process by visiting our information page located on the New Tech High Website, under Announcements:
If you have any questions regarding testing accommodations, please contact Ms. Shaikh, Assistant Principal at email@example.com.
Rookie and New Learner Laptop Information
If learners have not returned their iPads to their middle schools prior to this, they will need to return them at this time in order to be issued a laptop.