St. Columba Catholic School - News every Friday - 1/29/21
What a great week full of fun and celebration! Catholic School's Week never disappoints!
From appreciating those who mean so much to our community, including our parishioners and Pastor, parents, teachers, students, grandparents, and special friends, to rallying around Alex Polifka, to celebrating the 100th day of school, this week was a blast!
Weeks like this week help remind us all what makes St. Columba so special!
Next week should be a pretty normal week for all of us. The exception to this would be Friday, the 12th, when our classes will be celebrating Valentine's Day. You should have received an email from Ms. Lori (preschool) or your child's homeroom teacher (K-8) with details. All students are welcome to wear Red, White, or Pink with their normal uniform bottoms.
Here is a look ahead at the upcoming events on campus:
- Monday, February 8:
- Tuesday, February 9:
- Wednesday, February 10:
- Thursday, February 11:
- Friday, February 12: Full Day of School; Valentine's Day Celebrations; Wear Red, White, and Pink
Catholic Schools Week Photos!
Trivia Night #2!
After the success of our first Trivia Night, we are hosting a second night of fun.
Trivia Night #2 will be on February 19th at 6pm.
Just like last time, there are 3 ways you can participate:
1. Trivia Only: For $15, two guests can join our Virtual Trivia Game hosted over Zoom!
2. Beer Only: For $15, receive a 4 pack of 12oz Alesmith Brewing Beers (Sublime Mexican Lager, .394 San Diego Pale Ale, Local Oasis Tiki IPA, Luped in IPA)
3. Trivia and Beer: For $25, Receive a 4 pack of 12oz Alesmith Brewing Beers and two guests can join our Virtual Trivia game hosted over Zoom!
To purchase, please see the link to purchase on the Schoolspeak homepage (Link will be up next week!)
How to Access Tax Documents from FACTS
If you need to access your tax documents from FACTS, please see the document below for the steps to follow.
Tuition Assistance Application Open
This year, any family that wishes to receive any amount of Tuition Assistance, including Diocesan Tuition Assistance, must apply through FACTS. In the past, this process was through a different provider, but we have brought everything in line through FACTS, the same provider we use for Tuition Management.
Families applying for tuition assistance will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by February 26, 2021. Applicants can apply online by clicking the FACTS link at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3CY5Y.
Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf or jpeg format online. If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637. I have also attached a flyer from FACTS with other helpful information.
Please remember that we will only provide tuition assistance to families that apply for assistance. If you do not apply, we will not provide tuition assistance, regardless of the amount of assistance you may have received this year.