Feb. 4-8, 2013
We Need Your Help
I’m Leah Baus and I’m a Strengths Advocate. Thank you for dedicating your time to help drive the StrengthsQuest initiative on campus by helping K-State students with retention, engagement and well-being.
We currently are in the process of describing each event during the week and need your help. We would like to know if you have a specific name you would like your event to be called and any explanations of your event to add to our schedule and use on our flier. If not, we will name the events accordingly. Below is a rough draft of our schedule to give you an idea of where to start.
Please email me with any information you have before Winter Break.
Thank you for all of your hard work thus far,
Schedule Rough Draft
• Booth in Union – 34 jars for students to ‘vote’ for their top Strengths.
Monday, February 4
• Strengths Philosophy - 12:30-1:30 p.m., Leadership Studies Town Hall
Mike Finnegan will have a general informational session about Strengths.
• Come and Go Q&A - 4:30-7 p.m., Leadership Studies
Mike Finnegan and Strengths Advocates student organization will be available to answer questions about Strengths on K-State's campus.
• Strengths in Selection of Organization Leaders - 8:30-9:20 p.m., KSU Student Union 212
An interactive workshop with Scott Jones on how to incorporate strengths when selecting organization leaders. Email Scott Jones firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Tuesday, February 5
• Strengths in Greek Life - 1-2 p.m., KSU Student Union (room with AV hook up)
Andrea Brown and Jenni Jones will be speaking about how to weave strengths into Greek Life. Email Jenni Jones email@example.com for more information.
• Presentation on Retention, Engagement, and Well-being - 4-5 p.m.
Emily Lehning – (First year students to engage students for retention and growth at K-State) How we can be advocates as K-State students to help accomplish all of these things? How we can benefit K-State using our strengths? Email Emily Lehning firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Wednesday, February 6
• Majors, Minors & Strengths – 12-4 p.m., ACIC
Stop by ACIC and visit with a career specialist to explore how your strengths connect with majors and minors at K-State.
• Strengths Educators - 4-9 p.m. Leadership Studies Town Hall
Tom Matson's Strengths Educator Seminar
Thursday, February 7
• Using Strengths for Your Resume & Job Search - 1-2 p.m., LSB/Union?
Learn how CES can help you leverage your Strengths on your resume and in a job search.
• Laura Foote - early afternoon?
• Strengths Educators - 4-9 p.m., Leadership Studies Town HallTom Matson's Strengths Educator Seminar
Friday, February 8
• Strengths Reception - 11:30-1:00 p.m., Leadership Studies 123
(Student/Faculty Top 5 Strengths Awards Reception) Mike Finnegan will wrap up end of week with a reception. There will be a 15 minutes update about strengths on campus with a 3 minute video made encompassing the entire week (hopefully made by communications). Finally Mike will reveal the faculty and student strengths awards for the year of 2012-2013.