Human Body Systems...
By: Binivaa Manandhar 3rd Period
~The integumentary system has 2 main functions:
- First, it helps maintain homeostasis, which maintains temperature and protects the body from outside elements.(sicknesses)
- Second, the system helps remove substances like: oils and sweats.
- The epidermis is the top layer of the integumentary sytem
- The dermis is the middle layer, and the biggest layer, and it is located below the epidermis.
- The fat layer is the bottom layer, and it consists of all the fat.
~There are 3 major functions of the Nervous System:
- First, the nervous system senses the changes internally and externally, which we call the sensory function.
- Second, the nervous system interprets the sensory information(finds the meaning from the senses) and we call this the integration function.
- Lastly, the nervous system takes the information from the integration system and processes it, and we call it the motor function.
~There are 5 main functions of the skeletal system:
- Our skeletal system helps support and shape our body.
- The joints and muscles work together in the skeletal system to help us move.
- The bones of our skeletal system protect our vital organs, for example: our ribs protect our lungs and heart.
- The skeletal systems bones store minerals, such as calcium.
- In the skeletal system red and white blood cells are formed by tissue called narrow, which is in the center of the bone.(makes blood)