Rock Creek Elementary- September 2, 2021
NEWSLETTER FOR ROCK CREEK ELEMENTARY
No Meet & Greet- This Event has been CANCELED see below for details!
Dates to Remember
9/3 PTC Papa Murphy's Online Order Fundraiser (see below)
9/7 SCHOOL CLOSED
9/8 1st-5th grade First Day of School 8:30-3:00 pm
9/8 Boohoo/Yahoo Meet up for 1st grade Parents (see below) 8:45 am
9/10 1st Day of School for Kindergarten Last Names A-M (N-Z attend on 9/13)
9/10 Boohoo/Yahoo Meet up Event for Kindy parents last names A-M (see below) 8:45 am
9/13 1st Day of Kindergarten Last Names N-Z ( A-m do not attend today)
9/13 Boohoo/Yahoo Meet up Event for Kindy parents last names N-Z (see below) 8:45 am
9/14 All Kindergarten Students Attend from this day forth
9/17 Recorded Back-to-School Night sent to parents by teachers
9/28 PTC In Person Volunteer Orientation/PTC Meeting 5:45 pm
9/30 PTC Virtual Volunteer Orientation/PTC Meeting 8:45 am
Dear Rock Creek Families,
We are so excited to greet your 1st thru 5th grade students on our first day, Wednesday September 8th! (Kindy last names A-L on Friday Sept. 10th and last names M-Z on Monday Sept. 13th) Please read about our arrival and dismissal procedures below. Our goal is to keep our students safe with following distancing and masking protocols. Your children will be well taken care of. Our staff is preparing for them and thinking about every detail of the day.
For those of you who were with us last spring, you will notice some similarities in our day, as far as keeping spacing between students, frequent hand washing and sanitizing and taking brainbreaks outside.
This fall we will also be eating lunch outside. Thank you, in advance, to all of the families who are loaning us your 6ft tables to make this happen! We know that it is a very unusual request! We will take good care of them and our students will appreciate being able to sit at a table during lunch! If you would like to sign up to loan us a table, here is the link-Tables for Rock Creek
Please continue to keep in touch with us. We are here to support you. We also encourage you to frequently check the District Back To School website. HERE is the link. This will be something that you may want to bookmark, as updates are often made there before we are all informed of changes. It is the most up to date place!
We will also continue to offer frequent Principal Chats. Keep an eye on The Rocketeer for upcoming dates and times.
We are all looking forward to a great year. Your support means everything in helping the RC community to be it's very best!
With gratitude and appreciation,Tiffany
2021-2022 SUPPLY LIST
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
MASKS ARE REQUIRED WHILE ON SCHOOL PROPERTY
- Students arrive between 8:20 am and 8:25 am (Please do not arrive after 8:30 am)
We are limiting people on campus to help with social distancing. We ask parents (Masks required) that walk their students to stay on the path and let staff direct students to their classroom door. We will have staff all around the perimeter of the buildings.
- As soon as students arrive, they will go directly to their exterior classroom door - staff will be supervising outside (Parents please say your goodbyes before arriving on campus)
- Students will be spaced 6 feet apart as they walk to class
- Once in class they will receive a squirt of hand sanitizer and go directly to their desk - desks are spaced 3 feet apart
- The bell will ring at 8:30 am signaling it’s time for learning to begin
Student Arrival Car Drop Off
- Cars will drop off in the left lane
- All buses will drop off ONLY in the right lane
- Please help your child put on their mask before you leave the house so that it’s already on when they exit the car. Staff will direct students to their classroom door.
- If you need to assist your child in any way with getting out of the car, please do not use the car drop off lane - instead we ask that you pull into a parking space in the lower parking lot.
- If the car drop off line is too long, feel free to park.
If Students need breakfast, they will go to the cafeteria doors and get a grab-n-go breakfast and line up at their classroom exterior door.
- Students will be dismissed at 3:00 pm.
- Students that ride a bus will go directly to the bus.
- Student that walk home without a parent will leave out the classroom doors.
- Parents that walk to the school will wait outside their child's classroom. Please make sure you wear a mask and honor social distancing. Please be aware that the teacher will be unable to talk with you at the end of the day due to dismissal procedures duties. Please pick up youngest child first.
- Parents that drive to school to pick up their student will need to park and wait outside the classroom door. Please make sure you wear a mask and honor social distancing.Please be aware that the teacher will be unable to talk with you at the end of the day due to dismissal procedures duties. Please be sure to be parked by 2:55 pm Please pick up youngest child first. Please note you will not be able to leave the parking lot until the buses depart.
DISTRICT BACK-TO-SCHOOL PAGE
We know that you're eager to receive updates on what school will look like this fall. The District has created a Back-to-School webpage that they are updating on a daily basis as guidance and plans are adjusted. Please continue to check that page for new information.
If you have questions that are not answered on the District FAQ back-to school page, please use this link and we will do our best to answer them in our next newsletter.Rock Creek New School Year Questions
If you have not completed your fall verification process through ParentVUE, we encourage you to do it as soon as possible. These verifications are meant for currently enrolled students. We encourage parents to complete the required annual process before school begins. If you don’t complete this process before the start of the school year, it doesn’t mean your child isn’t enrolled in our schools. Verification simply allows you to double-check important information such as emergency contacts and any health/medication requirements are up-to-date in our system.
Click on the “Family Updates and New Student Enrollment” tab in the top right-hand corner and “Verification and Family Updates” from the drop-down menu on the next screen to start the verification process. A message will display in your parent portal with a link to the online verification screens for your review.
If you have not activated your ParentVUE account or if you have access concerns, please contact your school (not the District’s Central Office). If you have forgotten your ParentVUE password, please follow these instructions to reset.
Helpful links for more information:
● Back-to-School Verification (with step by step instruction video)
Thank you for ensuring that we have the most accurate information on your student.
TEACHER MEET/SUPPLY DROP-OFF EVENT CANCELLED
Home is the best place for your child to receive medication. If possible, spacing of medication dosages should be arranged to allow for home administration. The Beaverton School District follows State guidelines for medication administration, when home administration is not possible. Please review the BSD guidelines for medication administration to ensure safe, accurate administration at school.MEDICATION FORMS MUST BE UPDATED EACH SCHOOL YEAR
- Must be in original container.
- Must be transported to/from school by a parent/guardian.
- Necessary paperwork is completed by parent/guardian. (All medications forms can be obtained in the school office.)
- Adequate amount of medication is provided by the parent/guardian.
- All changes in instructions must be in writing and cannot be accepted verbally.
- All medications must be picked up at the end of each school year or they will be discarded.
- Must be in prescription bottle.
- Label must have child’s name, name of medication, route of administration, dose amount to be given at school, frequency/time of administration, and physician’s name.
- Most pharmacists will provide two containers for prescription medication at home and school.
- Middle and High school students may carry emergency medications needed for immediate access (non-injectable) medications with them IF permission is obtained and the Self-Administration Medication Authorization form is completed and on file in office.
- Must be in original container (no baggies, foil, etc.) and labeled with child’s name.
- Physician order needed only when the parent’s instruction for administration contradicts the safe dosing instruction on the bottle/container.
- High school students may carry these medications with them IF permission is obtained and Self-Administration Medication Authorization form is completed and on file in the office.
INFORMATION FOR INCOMING KINDERGARTEN FAMILIES
The first several days of school for kindergarten families look a little bit different. Teachers will be reaching out to schedule short student connection meetings on Wednesday, September 8th and 9th. Then there will be a staggered start for kindergarten students so they can adjust to school in smaller groups.
- Students with last name A-M will have their first day on Friday, September 10th.
- Students with last name N-Z will have their first day on Monday, September 13th.
- All kindergarten students will attend beginning on Tuesday, September 14th.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
ROCK CREEK PARENT-TEACHER CLUB (PTC)
Make Friday Pizza Day!
The Rock Creek Parent Teacher Club is partnering with our local Papa Murphy’s for a fundraising event.
Place your online Papa Murphy’s order this Friday, September 3rd and Papa Murphy’s (Tanasbourne) will donate 30% of your online only purchase to the Rock Creek PTC!
Online Orders Only • Use Code GIVE30
2515 NW Town Center Drive, Hillsboro 97006
What: A meet up for 1st grade and Kindy parent after their students start their first day of school.
Where: Somerset Park, just south of the school on 185th Ave. Masks will be required.
When: After drop-off/school starts, so around 8:45 am to 9:15 am
Who: Parent/Guardians of Rock Creek Kindy and 1st grade students.
Sept 8th- 1st grade
Sept 10th- Kindy, last names A-M
Sept 13th- Kindy, last names N-Z
Please see flyer!
The Beaverton School District is using a new communication platform called ParentSquare this year, replacing SchoolMessenger. We encourage you to watch this 3-minute video: https://youtu.be/r4cu2M3z5u4
To learn more about ParentSquare, visit their webpage: https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/parentsquare
SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL
Plan Your Trip
Back to school planning includes how your student will travel to school this fall. Beaverton Safe Routes to School invites you to explore your options for safe travel on our website:
Suggested walk and bike routes for each school
Safety tips for all modes of travel (walk, bike, bus, car)
Arrival/Departure maps for each school (how students who travel by foot, bus and car
should arrive and leave school)
The safety of our students depends on you!
To learn more visit: www.beaverton.k12.or.us/safe-routes
Interested in a Walking School Bus?
Walking School Buses are being used effectively at several schools throughout the district.
A Walking School Bus is a group of students that walk to school with adult volunteers for a safe, fun, and healthy way to get to school. They follow an established route, up to a mile away from school, with designated times and places for more students to join in along the route.
They are a great solution for busy parents who would like their young children to walk to
school, but don’t have time to accompany them. Send them along with the Walking School Bus and they will have all the benefits of walking:
fun time with friends, heart-healthy exercise, a boost for learning when they arrive at school, and a feeling of independence and self-confidence they will carry forward for lifelong habits. Walking School Buses can operate daily, weekly, monthly, or just on certain days. They can start out small, with just a few students, and eventually grow over time. Choose the model that’s right for your community. We would love to help your school get started!
Contact SRTS for more information at email@example.com
DISTRICT AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITY LINK
The District has a community flyer page that list all approved extra curricular flyers such as chess clubs, soccer camps, childcare etc. It is updated monthly. Please Click on the link below to find approved extra curricular activities for students.
WEBSITE TRANSLATIONS AVAILABLE
We understand that it can be challenging to access current information regarding your child’s schooling in your own language. We do our best to send out messages about important updates, especially during these challenging times. However, you can access the BSD website — and specifically, our return-to-school page — at any time. Below, we’ve included a link that will take you to our website, where you’ll find it already translated into your language. Please know, the translation is generated by Google Translate. It’s not perfect, but we do hope it’s helpful.
If you need additional assistance, please contact our Multilingual Department at 503-356-3755.
View the BSD website in Arabic
View the BSD website in Chinese
View the BSD website Japanese
View the BSD website in Korean
View the BSD website in Russian
View the BSD website in Somali
View the BSD website in Spanish
View the BSD website in Vietnamese