Travis Intermediate School: April 12, 2021
Important STAAR Testing Information
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Travis Intermediate 5th and 6th graders will be taking the STAAR (State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness) tests on Tuesday, May 11 for math, Wednesday, May 12 for reading, and Thursday, May 13 for science (5th only for science). On these days, we will have a closed campus to visitors to ensure the best possible testing environment for our students. We ask that you assist us with the following:
- Please do not schedule doctor appointments on these days.
- Refrain from early check-outs. Students will be testing until 3:45 p.m.
- If students will not be eating a school lunch, they will need to bring their lunch with them to school. We will not be able to deliver lunches to students.
- Leave backpacks and cell phones at home on testing days.
- To help your child prepare for testing days, please ensure they have a good night’s sleep and eat a healthy breakfast. As a reminder, all students may receive free breakfast in our school cafeteria.
We are excited for these upcoming state assessments as our students and teachers have worked hard all year on the skills necessary for our students to do their best. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school at 936-709-7000.
Remote Learners: Returning Technology Items
Please bring all technology items issued to your child including chrome books, chargers and hotspots to the front office. We ask that they are in a bag labeled with your child's name, their student ID number, grade and homeroom teacher's name.
Family Learning Materials Sent Home
We invite you to submit a picture of your family in action and enjoying the materials to email@example.com to be highlighted on our Travis Facebook and Travis Twitter pages.
Mark Your Calendars
- April 13: 5th Science Benchmark Test
- April 21: Student Council Meeting at 8 a.m.
- April 27: 6th Grade Athletic Physicals at Travis (must be registered online)
- May 3-7: Staff Appreciation Week
- May 5: Student Council Meeting at 8 a.m.
- May 7: School Lunch Hero Day
- May 11: 5/6 STAAR Math Testing 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- May 12: 5/6 STAAR Reading Testing 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- May 13: 5th Only STAAR Science Testing 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- May 17: 6th Social Studies DCC Test
- May 18: 5th Social Studies DCC Test
- May 19: 6th Science Benchmark Test
- May 25: End of Year Awards
- May 26: Last Day of School for Students/Early Release at 12:45 p.m.
Arrival to School On Time - Our instructional day begins at 8:50 a.m. So students do not miss important instruction, we ask that if they are a car rider or walker, they arrive to campus before 8:50 a.m. If your child will eat breakfast in the cafeteria, arrival by 8:30 a.m. will ensure they have plenty of time to eat and get to class before instruction begins at 8:50 a.m. Tardies are recorded for students who arrive without a doctor's note after 8:50 a.m.
Dropping Off Items- Please note, lunches or items left at home may not be dropped off. If your child forgets their lunch, you can place funds on their lunch account at My School Bucks or they will be able to charge a lunch. This is in an effort to limit the number of people that touch an item so we reduce the possibility of exposure.
Mask Requirement - All students and staff will be required to properly wear a mask while in the building and riding the school bus. The mask will follow the same guidelines for clothing per the CISD Student Code of Conduct.
Travis Cell Phone Policy - As stated in the district Elementary & Intermediate Student Handbook, students are allowed to have cell phones on campus. Cell phones must remain turned off during the instructional day and in the student's backpack. If students do not comply with this policy, staff members may confiscate the cell phone and turn them in to the assistant principal. A parent/guardian will need to come to the school to pick up any cell phone that has been confiscated, as it will not be returned to the student once taken up.
Can My Child Go to School?-English
This chart will help parents know whether they are able to send their child to school.
Can My Child Go to School?-Spanish
If you have a child who needs to be registered to attend our campus, please call the school at 936-709-7000 to speak with our registrar, Ms. Solis. At this time, registration will be done by appointment only.
We are here to support you! Please feel free to contact the school between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at 936-709-7000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Us On Social Media
Parent Access Center
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Sign up for Parent Access to stay up to date with your child's grades and more.
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.