Welcome to Pinecrest Elementary
DATES TO REMEMBER
11th - Operation Grand Old Service Night from 6:00 to 7:30 (cafeteria)
14th - Kindergarten Gingerbread Houses with grandparents from 1:15 to 2:15
19th - 2nd Grade field trip to Mill City
19th - 3rd Grade field trip to Children's Theater Company
20th - 3rd Grade caroling to Park Ridge and Oak Ridge
21st - Pinecrest choir performs (middle school) at 11:00 for parents and guests
24th - 31st - NO SCHOOL - Holiday Break
1st - NO SCHOOL - Holiday Break
16th - GeoBee at 1:00
17th 4th Grade field trip to Science Museum
18th - NO SCHOOL - Staff Development
21st - NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
24th - 2019/2020 Kindergarten Registration (Countdown to Kindergarten) 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
24th - 2nd and 4th Grade Science Museum Engineering presentation at Middle School
29th - Instrument fair - after school (more information coming)
30th - Report cards sent home
2019-2020 Kindergarten Registration
DATE/TIME: Thursday, January 24th, 2019/ 5:30-7pm (Open House)
LOCATION: School of Attendance (Kennedy, McAuliffe or Pinecrest)
You and your child are invited to visit Kindergarten classrooms, meet Kindergarten teachers, turn in registration/enrollment forms, and tour the school.
If you would like to bring completed kindergarten registration forms, here are a list of forms (there is no need to have all of them ready to participate in the Countdown to Kindergarten event):
1. Student Registration Form
2. Minnesota Language Form
3. Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form
4. Non-household Emergency Contact Form
5. A copy of your child’s birth certificate. Your child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2019.
6. Proof of early childhood screening. If your child was screened in ISD 200, we will have the screening report on file.
7. Verification of Residency - due at the time of registration. For those already living in the district - valid driver’s license, utility bill, etc. and for families moving to the district - lease agreement or home closing paperwork.
8. Student Immunization Form
9: If applicable: Legal documentation of guardianship - if person enrolling the child is not the parent, the district will require legal documentation before the child is enrolled.
10. If applicable: Daycare Transportation Form - this is only for daycare transportation within your attendance area.
Registration/Enrollment forms can be found under the “about us” section from any of the district websites: http://www.hastings.k12.mn.us
10 Days of Giving
(December 1 to December 10)
This year’s food drive benefits Hastings Family Service.
Merchants Bank and area participating schools will collect monetary donations and non-perishable food items.
Donations can be dropped at Merchants Bank lobby in Hastings or sent with students to school. Contact https://www.merchantsbank.com/10daysofgiving for more information.
Most Needed Items:
- Side dishes (rice, pasta, potato and stuffing)
- 100% fruit juices
- Jelly or jam
- Pancake mix
- Canned fruit
- Soup, stew, chili and chow mein
- Laundry and dish detergent
- Toilet paper
Click here to view and sign up for volunteer opportunities this school year.
DON'T WAIT UNTIL WINTER...PREPARE FOR A "SNOW DAY”
It is important that you have accurate phone numbers on file for your student with the school district. Although we are using a calling system to contact families in case of inclement weather, the district will still continue to post school delays or closings in the following ways:
Official school closing announcements will be made on Hastings KDWA Radio 1460, WCCO-Channel 4, KSTP-Channel 5, KMSP-Channel 9 and KARE-Channel 11 television and Hastings Public School Website.
Please visit our webpage for directions at: www.hastings.k12.mn.us