November 18, 2022
- Thursday, November 17 - Field Day - Kinder/1st AM; 4th/5th PM
- Friday, November 18 - Field Day - 2nd/3rd AM; PreK Noon
- November 21-25 - Thanksgiving Holiday
- Tuesday, December 6 - Choir Concert 6:00pm
- Tuesday, December 6 - Learning Express Spirit Night
- Wednesday, December 7 - Marco's Spirit Night
Students are nominated for this Principal’s recognition award for going above and beyond our school expectations - those who exhibit leadership, kindness, and extraordinary character!
We are so proud to announce this week's Akers' All-Stars:
- Jackson Bottley
- Noah Hakim
- Kevin Choi
- James Warren
- Emerson Brandt
- Riley Tai-Quiambao
- Ethan Rosales
On Monday, Nov. 14, recommended boundary changes were proposed to the Board of Trustees to:
- Establish attendance boundary for Elementary School #58 (scheduled to open August 2023)
- Establish attendance boundary for Middle School #20 (scheduled to open August 2023)
- Establish attendance boundary for Elementary School #59 (scheduled to open August 2024)
- Provide enrollment relief to identified campuses
- Maximize under-utilized campuses
- Align feeder patterns due to boundary changes
The presentation, including detailed maps, may be viewed on the district website at https://www.cfisd.net/Page/2054. Community input on the proposed boundary changes may be submitted on the website and will be reviewed by the Board of Trustees and district leadership.
Spelling Bee Upcoming Dates
Wednesday, December 14 and Thursday, December 15th, 2022
Dress Rehearsal - Campus Spelling Bee
Wednesday, February 1st, 2023
District Spelling Bee Berry Center
Pictures from our week!
Thanksgiving Fun Resources
Other fun resources I've shared in the past include:
- Gratitude Conversation Starters
- Thanksgiving Printable Games
- The Gratitude Game (give everyone a few M&Ms at random and they use the key to share what they are grateful for depending on the colors they received).
Mid-Year GT Referral Window
The Mid-Year GT Referral window is open until November 30, 2022. This opportunity applies to any 1st-5th grade student who has not tested in the 2022-2023 academic school year. All kindergarten students will be screened in the spring. A parent referral form is not needed for kindergarten students.
If you would like your students tested for HORIZONS, please complete the attached form and return to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.