Ranger News: Week of May 26, 2020
From the Principal
Happy Memorial Day! In addition to honoring those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms enjoyed by Americans, Memorial Day has long coincided with the release of school and beginning of summer. This shortened, 4-day week will be the last of the 19-20 school year for Raymond Park and MSD Warren Township. Chapters could be written about the uniqueness of this school year that go far beyond what was in the control of our students and staff. Rather than making any profound statements, I would simply like to say thank you to the students, staff and community for your flexibility, understanding and support of all that occurred during the 2019-2020 school year.
Now, some important points for bringing this year to a close:
- Core Connect class resumes tomorrow (Tuesday) at 9:00 a.m., and students have their final Core Connect class of the school year on Thursday, May 28th. Students should have all virtual work turned in by Friday, May 29th at noon.
- Students returning to Warren should keep their school-issued electronic device for the summer.
- All schools will be distributing student personal items via a drive through service the week of June 1st. If you have personal items at school you want to retrieve, you can visit RP at the following dates and times. Please note this is a drive-thru setup, so you'll be asked to remain in your vehicle at all times.
- On Wednesday, June 3, from 12-6 pm, students with last names beginning with A--M can retrieve items.
- On Thursday, June 4, from 12-6 pm, students with last names beginning with N--Z can retrieve items.
- On Friday, June 5, from 9 am - 12 pm, any students unable to come earlier in the week can retrieve items.
In addition to allowing students to pick-up these items, we will also distribute yearbooks, medications, instruments, and any other personal items we can identify. If your student has library books, textbooks, school-owned instruments, or any other school-owned items, those can be returned at the above times as well. Students not returning to a Warren school for the 20-21 school year should return their school-issued electronic device.
- Report cards will be mailed to students the week of June 1. Be mindful that grades will be issued for the first three terms of the 19-20 school year. The final grading period of Learn at Home will not be recorded on student permanent records unless your student is earning high school credit.
- RPIMS Virtual Awards Programs will sent to the RP community at the end of the week. This will be in the form of individual class and grade level links where teachers will award top students via recorded video.
John Kleine, Principal
Learn at Home information
- All teachers are available for virtual office hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week from 9-10am. Students/caregivers can also call or email teachers any time, and can expect timely responses during the hours of 9am-4pm every weekday.
- All students have Virtual Community Time (Core Connect class) on Tuesday and Thursday from 9-10 a.m.
- Warren's Learn at Home FAQ sheet is a good resource for finding the answer to basic questions: ENGLISH SPANISH Questions regarding Warren's Learn at Home lessons can be directed to the eLearning hotline phone number 317-608-0545 or mail MSDWarrenELEARNING@warren.k12.in.us.
- Students in need of either a Chromebook or device repair can visit Warren Central HS, Door 70, 11am-1pm any weekday (Monday - Friday).
Technology support is here! We are excited to offer opportunities for you to learn the technology utilized by your student(s) so that you can better support them in their Learn at Home/E-Learning Experience. We are offering support with Zoom, Google, Seesaw, and the Canvas Parent App. Register to join live learning Sessions with Q&A. Pre-recorded tutorials are also available.
Warren Padres / Cuidadores,
¡El soporte tecnológico está aquí! Nos complace ofrecerle oportunidades para que aprenda la tecnología utilizada por su (s) estudiante (s) para que pueda apoyarlos mejor en su experiencia de Aprendizaje en el hogar / E-Learning. Estamos ofreciendo soporte con Zoom, Google, Seesaw y la aplicación Canvas Parent. Regístrese para unirse a las sesiones de aprendizaje en vivo con preguntas y respuestas. También hay tutoriales pregrabados disponibles.
Additional Caregiver Support for Learning at Home
Attention families of 7th & 8th grade Rangers:
Parents and Guardians- Do not forget to submit a 21st Century Scholars application for your 7th or 8th grader.
What is 21st Century Scholars? It is an early-college promise program designed to help ensure that every Hoosier student can afford the opportunity provided by a college education. Today, eligible students who maintain the Scholar Pledge to excellence in school and life receive a scholarship for up to four years of up to 100% tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school.
*8th Grade Parents-- The deadline to submit an application for your student is quickly approaching. All applications for current 8th grade students must be submitted by June 30, 2020!
Need help? Contact your grade level counselor for assistance:
7th Grade- Mrs. Iris Parrish firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade- Mrs. Adrienne Mathews email@example.com
Internet Access Survey
PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY.
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
317.532-8900 ext. 8960
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8910
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 6508
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
317.622.6851 (text only, please)
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8909