February 5, 2023
Local School Council Update
The Local School Council would like to formally announce the contract renewal of our Principal, Ms. Zaimi. On Monday, January 30th, the LSC met to evaluate her using the Board-approved evaluation form to assess the educational and administrative progress made at Peirce over her last 4 years as Principal. After a very lengthy discussion, the Council voted unanimously to renew her contract for another 4 years. We are grateful for Ms. Zaimi's leadership and her commitment to growth and achievement.
-Peirce Local School Council
Peirce Service Organization Update
The Peirce Service Organization (PSO) held its regular meeting on February 2nd and started the discussion regarding our role in the events that took place during the Argyle Lunar New Year Parade.
We at PSO acknowledge the harm that was done to the Asian American community who graciously hosted us. We also acknowledge the harm that was experienced by the Peirce families who were excluded from participating in the parade as well as the school community at large.
Upon discussion and reflection we acknowledge PSO’s role in the harm that was caused; we were unprepared for how to defend our school community during the chaotic and unprecedented events that unfolded. We are committed to being better prepared at future events.
Moving forward, we will be working with Administration and other parent groups to discuss what we can do to prevent such acts from reoccurring. We commit to updating you as we learn more.
-Ashley & Michelle
Celebrating Lunar New Year in PK
Decomposing Numbers in 3rd Grade
Learning Celebrations - Seeking Career Day Volunteers
Peirce is looking for professionals that are interested in speaking about his/her profession. We are looking for community members that would like to engage our Middle Years Program students and help raise awareness of the different career paths that are out there in the real world. If you are interested in talking to our students in person or virtual, please contact Mr. Lee - firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out this google form.
MYP Teaching and Learning
6th Grade Science - Drawing Topographical Maps
8th Grade Sewing Circle
Visual and Performing Artists at Peirce
5th Grade Dragon Eyes
6th Grade Japanese Taiko Drumming
8th Grade African American Heritage Art
IB Learner Profile of the Month
We act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity and rights of people everywhere. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
What can you do at home???
- Involve your child in deciding on the rules for a game or activity and then ensure that they stick to the ones that have been decided upon.
- Encourage your child to play games that involve teams. Discuss with your child the qualities of a team player. What sort of person would they want on their team?
- When your child wins a game insist that he or she is a well- mannered winner. They might thank their opponent or shake hands with them if it’s appropriate.
- When playing a game, don’t change the rules to let your child win. Being a gracious loser is just as important as being a good winner.
- Connect behavior to character.
- Provide opportunities for your child to make their own decisions, discuss the consequences of their decisions.
- Read and tell stories in which the story characters demonstrate making principled decisions
- Discuss how being principled is life long commitment and well sought after as a characteristic to have
Friends of Peirce
Greetings, Peirce Community! Kindly save the date for Move-a-Thon 2023 ~ it will be held on Friday, May 12th! Kindly consider filling out this form to volunteer!
(Please also save the RAIN DATE which is Friday, May 19th!)
¡Saludos, Comunidad Peirce! Guarde la fecha para Move-a-Thon 2023 ~ ¡se llevará a cabo el viernes 12 de mayo! ¡Considere amablemente completar este formulario para ser voluntario!
(¡Guarde también la FECHA DE LLUVIA que es el viernes 19 de mayo!)
Peirce Days 2023
Forever Yogurt - February 20th - 5309 North Clark Street
Kona Ice Truck - June 1st - Food Truck outside after school
The PSO Valentine's Dance - Friday, Feb. 10th - 5:00 - 6:30pm.
Winter Parent Mixer
Aspen Parent Portal Accounts
Having difficulty paying for field trips or student fees in Aspen? Checking your child's grades?
- Aspen Parent Portal is different from Aspen Student Portal
- Student Fees can only be paid through the Aspen Parent Portal
- If you do not have an ASPEN Parent Portal account please fill out the New ASPEN Parent Portal Account, so that Sally Suarez can start the process for you.
- If you are locked out of your ASPEN Parent Portal due to forgetting password or username please fill out this ASPEN Parent Portal Password Reset.
Attached is a PDF with step by step instructions on how to create your ASPEN Parent Portal account once you receive an invitation from ASPEN. The Services and Supports web page has video resources.
Only one ASPEN Parent Portal account is needed to access information for all of your CPS student(s), you can add multiple students to the same parent account.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Sally Suarez, ESSuarezdeDuran@cps.edu.
- Family Handbook
- PK Handbook
- Specials Schedule - see when your child will have Art, Dance, Drama, Music, PE & Spanish
- Meal Viewer (English | Spanish)
- Accommodations for Meetings (Right side)
- Submit Student Vaccinations
- Report a COVID Positive Case
- COVID Testing Sign Up, enter student ID number
If you hear about harm that has happened in the school community, you can report in a variety of ways:
February 3rd - No School
February 7th - FOP Meeting @ 6:30pm via Zoom
February 10th - PSO Sponsored Valentine's Day Dance 5:00-6:30pm
February 10th - 3rd Quarter Progress Reports Distributed
February 20th - Peirce Days - Forever Yogurt
February 20th - No School - President's Day
Feburary 22nd - Coffee with the Principal @ 8:00am in Fieldhouse
February 23rd - LSC Meeting @ 6:00pm