Your Partner for Student Success
Shared Courses Available to Your Schools and District
We are here to help with your ENROLLMENT CHALLENGES!
Why trust your students to NCVPS?
"The best thing about teaching is that it matters. The hardest thing about being a teacher is that it matters every day." Todd Whitaker
Content matters! But content ALONE is not effective learning -- research says student success is all about the relationship with the teacher!
"Although students have less time with teachers during high school, there is strong evidence that relationships with adults in these settings are among the most important predictors of success."
"Connection with teachers was a better predictor of many outcomes than was students’ sense of family connectedness. As with young students, the benefits of positive relationships with adults are not limited to social and emotional outcomes. Although both parental and teacher support are important in predicting students’ achievement, a recent study indicated that student-perceived teacher connection was the factor most closely associated with growth in achievement from 8th to 12th grade (Gregory & Weinstein, 2004)."
"Great teachers form strong relationships with their students and show that they care about them as people. Great teachers are warm, accessible, enthusiastic and caring. Teachers with these qualities are known to stay after school and make themselves available to students and parents who need them. They are involved in school-wide committees and activities, and they demonstrate a commitment to the school."
This student need for teacher relationships doesn't change just because the delivery is online!
This belief changed everything for NCVPS.
Results of this way of thinking?
- Largest enrollments ever for 2013-2014 - over 52,000 full credit enrollments
- Largest enrollment area? students with disabilities
- Fall 2014 -- largest semester enrollment of over 25,000 full credit enrollments
- Fall 2014 -- largest number of teachers under contract -- over 700
- 83% pass rate
- Expanding intervention options for schools
More effective teaching – Spot Check ratings
Stronger teacher/student relationships – Communication Journals, survey results
Enrollment from all 115 NC school districts
More returning students for a second NCVPS course
Low teacher turnover
- All three General Education courses -- Biology, Math 1, English 2 -- exceeded state averages for End of Course testing for 2013-2014.
- 5 AP Courses above State and National Averages
English Language and Composition
English Literature and Composition
US Government and Politics
Chinese Language and Culture
- 3 AP Courses above either STATE or National Averages
AP Calculus BC
AP World History
AP US History
- 4 AP Courses within 1 to 5 points of exceeding Averages
AP Computer Science
AP Music Theory
AP Physics B