Coding in the Classroom
#MichED Chat 12/10/14 8-9 p.m.
The Hour of Code
The Hour of Code is a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify code and show that anybody can learn the basics. Promoted during Computer Science Education week, several non-profits have joined forces to offer resources for students and teachers.
- Hour of Code: http://hourofcode.com/us
- Computer Science Education Week: http://csedweek.org/
- Teach the Hour of Code: http://code.org/educate/hoc
- Edutopia Coding Resources: http://www.edutopia.org/search-results?search=hour%20of%20code
The Hour of Code - WORLDWIDE
- Why should schools care about coding or computer science?
- How are you celebrating Hour of Code? 2B: What training, if any, were you given?
- Were there obstacles to implementing Hour of Code? How did you overcome?
- How is coding/computer science included in curriculum or learning opportunities in your classroom/school/district?
- How does coding correlate to the core curriculum?
- What has been stakeholder response to Hour of Code?
- How will you extend coding/computer science beyond the Hour of Code initiative?