September 6, 2019
- The Science Olympiad Team will be having their first meeting on Monday, September 9th. Anyone interested in being on the Spry Science Olympiad Team should come to the first meeting in Mrs. Beshures room in 327. Take the late bus home or go to your sports practice after the meeting. Mrs. Beshures has the new rules so we can get started picking our events. Come to our meeting, room 327 on Monday after school and bring a friend! See you then!
- Anyone interested in playing football needs to see Mr. Keiser in room 327 or Mr. Rapone in 122 as soon as possible. The season started last week.
- Attention girls in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade interested in softball. Softball intramurals will start on Monday, September 9th from 3:30 to 5 at the town hall. They will run every Monday and Tuesday, weather permitting. There will be no bus, you must get your own transportation to and from the fields. Please see Coach Farrell in the girls PE office if you have any questions!
- Yoga Club meets every Monday in W17. Our first class is Monday, September 9th. You can borrow a mat or bring your own. Wear comfortable clothes and bring a water bottle and snack. You can take the late bus home.
6th/7th Grade Open House
We are happy to invite you to the Spry Middle School Open House scheduled for Weds., September 11, 2019. 7th Grade Open House will run from 6-7:30 pm. 8th Grade Open House will run from 6:30-8 pm. Encore and LOTE Teachers (Music, Art, Health, PE, FACS, Spanish, German, French) will be here from 6:30-8 pm.
6th Grade parents are welcome back in if they would like to meet their child's Encore teachers. 6th grade Core Teachers will not be in again that night. Our 12:1 classroom teachers will be in this night.
Our 7th and 8th Grade Core Teams will be presenting to parents as groups for part of the night. 7th Grade at 6:00pm and 8th Grade at 7:00pm. I sent out an electronic letter today with more information. The remainder of the time is an Open Format where you will be able to move freely throughout the building, meet teachers, and visit the classrooms and subjects on your child’s schedule at your own pace.
You can find your child’s school schedule on the Parent or Student Portal. There where also be a building map attached to the email. You will be using these to locate teacher rooms, so it is important to bring them, or have access to them on Open House night. We will have the House Offices open to print a schedule or answer questions if needed.
Guidelines for Open House:
Make this an evening for you to get to know the teachers and building, so please do not bring students or other children to Open House.
Due to the open format, it is not an appropriate time for individual conferences or discussions about your child’s progress. Teachers would like to meet and introduce themselves to as many parents as possible. The teachers have only worked with your child for a week and are just beginning to assess your child's skills. If you would like to discuss your child's progress, please contact your child’s teacher via email, and/or utilize the parent portal.
Please visit ALL CLASSES on your child’s schedule and take any handouts provided.
There will also be opportunities to:
Purchase Spry apparel (cash or check) and sign up for our Spry PTSA outside the Cafeteria.
Visit the Library
Visit the School Nurse (Mrs. Tammy Serio-Miller)
All teachers will be in the classrooms on your child’s schedule (except Core Teachers during the Team Presentation times. The only changes are for the following teachers on a child’s schedule: RTI Math – Beshures (Room 327), Keiser (Room 327); RTI ELA – Sneider and Orbaker (Room 232), Proscia (Room 234); General Music/Chorus – Warren (Room 240); Speech – Cappotelli (Room 243); Spanish – Cacciola (Library); ENL – Ross/Beckens (Room 323)
If you forget your child’s schedule or a map that night, you can stop in the Main Office or a House Office for a copy. We are excited for the opportunity to share our Middle School Program with you. We look forward to seeing you on September 11th.
2019-20 School Calendar
Schroeder Football Games
Our Schroeder Warriors have 3 regular season home football games this year.
Tonight, Friday, Sept. 6 (vs. Monroe)
Friday, Sept. 13 (vs. Hilton)
Friday, Oct. 4 - Homecoming (vs. Fairport)
Reminders for these games:
- Bags are not permitted into the event
- Students in grades below high school must be accompanied by a parent
SPRY PTSA Fall Spirit Wear On-Line Sale
Spry PTSA Fall Spiritwear on-line sale
New items and new colors available.
Orders due September 18th. Orders will be delivered to student's homeroom in early October.
Any questions, contact:
Maria Parody: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kara Quigley: email@example.com
Here is the link to the website:
School Start Time Information
Homeroom begins at 8:45am. Students need to be in homeroom at this time.
The building opens at 8:15 am. If a bus is provided, please try to use the bus. Our school drop-off and pick-up areas were not designed for large volumes of cars. This congestion in the morning, or afternoon, can lead to added delays and increase stress. The bus is the most efficient way to arrive and leave on time. The parent Drop-Off and Pick up Area will be off Sanford St in the North Parking Lot until construction allows us to use the South Side Parking Lot.
Our parent drop-off area will not be supervised until 8:20 am. Please do not arrive before then to assure a safe drop off. Our building will not be open for access before 8:15 am.
Students that are dropped off (or walk) will report to either the West Cafeteria, or East Cafeteria if getting breakfast. They will be released at 8:35 am to their lockers.
Students will be released from the buses at 8:35 am. If a student is getting breakfast they may depart the bus at arrival to get breakfast.
The school day ends at 3:15pm with buses departing at 3:23pm. There is an afterschool period on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays that runs until 4:00pm with late buses leaving at 4:10pm.
**The Importance of Breakfast. With the late start time, breakfast is really important as lunches are later. Your child may also want to have a ‘nut free’ snack that they can access quickly at their locker mid day between classes.
Support Spry PTSA - Membership information at the link below
Parent/Student Portal Information
• If you need to leave school early, a note from your parent or guardian must be brought to your house office prior to first period. You will be given a formal "school excuse" to leave, and your parent must sign you out at the front desk.
• If you return to school, you must report back to the front deskand get a pass to class.
• Only the School Nurse can excuse a student early from school due to illness. Students leaving school because of illness must be picked up in the Health Office by a parent or guardian.
• No one is allowed to leave during the school day without signing “out”. Any pupil leaving without permission will be considered truant. Parents and Police will be notified.
• Transportation to and from school is provided by school bus, parent, or guardian listed in Infinite Campus ONLY.
Dignity for All Students Act/DASA
Box Tops For Education
Box Tops are being collected at Spry!.
Collection bins are at the security desk, main office and blue house office.
Box Tops for Education was started by General Mills in California back in 1996, after the company decided they wanted to create a program to help support education and benefit America’s schools.
The program was such a huge success that it soon expanded across the nation, and by 1998, more than 30,000 schools were clipping Box Tops and earning cash to purchase things for their schools. According to the Box Tops for Education website. Today, America’s schools have earned over $719 million, and you can find Box Tops on a ton of products you buy every day at the grocery store.