News from Nurse Brandi
Guidance on Covid-19 Illness
Are you experiencing COVID-19 symptoms?
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Fever (100 degrees farenheit) - without having to take any fever-reducing medications, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen
- New loss of smell or taste
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- New or unusual headache
- Extreme fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or loss of appetite
- Congestion or runny nose
One or more of these symptoms that is a new onset or is an increase in severity.
Yes, I have symptoms.
- Had close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19?
- Traveled to OR live in an area that is designated substantial community transmission?
If no to all of these questions OR If you have been vaccinated:
- Stay home until you are symptom free for 72 hours without fever or symptom reducing medications.
If yes to one or more of these questions:
- Contact your healthcare provider for further guidance.
- Quarantine yourself for 10 days from the onset of symptoms.*
- Notify your child's school that they will be absent.
*A healthcare provider note or a negative test result with symptoms improved/symptom free for 72 hours, will be accepted and could allow you to return to school sooner than 10 days.
All students must stay home if any member of the household has pending test results.
Please visit https://www.westada.org/Page/1678 for additional information.