St. Patrick Catholic School
Weekly Bulletin - December 1, 2019
Advent is a four-week period that marks the beginning of the Christmas season. It is a time of spiritual preparation before the celebration of the birth of Christ. The period of Advent involves reflection about what it meant for the world before Christ came and preparing the church and hearts for the true meaning of Christmas. Our Advent assemblies (led by Gr. 4 leadership) will start Monday, December 2nd in period 1. We will gather as a school in the gym on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's for prayer/reflection. Our Parents are always welcome to join us.
Our theme this year is the Christmas story from different gospels.
GRADES 1-4 CHRISTMAS CONCERT INFORMATION
Each family can buy up to 4 tickets for the show that their children are in.
COST: $7 each
- Tickets go on SALE November 27th-December 7th and are WALK-UP ONLY
- NO ONLINE SALES available
Tickets need to be purchased at the Lougheed Center
The staff at the Lougheed have been given "family lists" where ticket sales can be tracked so all families have equal opportunity to see their children perform. Special consideration have also been made for blended family dynamics.
On December 9th, any tickets not purchased for each show will be released where each family can purchase an additional 2 tickets for the show. This is first come, first serve where these sales will also be tracked to each family.
PLEASE NOTE: The J & P Lougheed staff have requested that no flash photography be used during the performances. This will limit distraction to performers and audience members.
If you cannot afford to purchase tickets, please speak directly to Mr. Charchun and the school community will support your needs confidentially.
PRE-K AND KINDERGARTEN CHRISTMAS CONCERT INFORMATION
Please note that the PreK and Kindergarten classes will be performing together in our school gymnasium on December 11 and 12 during the day. **No ticket purchases needed**
Wednesday, December 11th: M/W ECS and Pre-K AM @ 10:00am
Thursday, December 12th: T/TH ECS and Pre-K PM @ 1:30pm
Location: St. Pat's Gymnasium
GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR CHRISTMAS!
MILK ORDER (Q3) - DUE DECEMBER 16TH
Order and payment deadlines:
- Q3 is due December 16 (Runs January 8 - March 20)
- Q4 is due March 16 (Runs April 1 - May 29)
If you have any questions regarding this online form, please contact the school office at 780-672-2177.
- Dec 5 - Early Dismissal @ 2:05pm
- Dec 6 - No School - PD Day
- Dec 11 - PreK AM and MW Kindergarten Christmas Concert @ 10:00 am (School Gym)
- Dec 12 - PreK PM and TTH Kindergarten Christmas Concert @ 1:30 pm (School Gym)
- Dec 13 - Face to Face Ministries presentation
- Dec 13 - Hot Lunch - Edo Japan
- Dec 16 - Gr 1-4 Christmas Concert (see schedule)
- Dec 16 - Q3 Milk Orders Due
- Dec 17 - Gr 1-4 Christmas Concert (see schedule)
- Dec 19 - Spin the Wheel/PJ Day
- Dec 20 - School Closure - No School
SAINTS VOLLEYBALL CLUB
Was a great season!! Loads of fun and learning.
Dear Catholic Education Stakeholder and Supporter,
Catholic Education is alive and well in Alberta, educating more than 180,000 students across our province. Excellent academic learning within a faith-based community is the hallmark of Alberta’s Catholic Schools. In our celebrations of Catholic Education Sunday on November 3, the Bishops of Alberta reminded us of the responsibility we have to support, protect and advocate for this publicly-funded gift.
The government of Alberta has recently created and distributed a survey asking Albertans to provide feedback on choice in education. The survey link is here. The deadline for response is December 6.
It is essential that all who support Catholic education take the time to make their voices heard. In a recent public forum, Archbishop Smith of the Edmonton archdiocese stated: “There have been Catholic divisions throughout the country that we’ve lost largely because of apathetic Catholics. We have to encourage everyone to be resolute because so much is at stake. We can never grow apathetic where we’re delivering authentic Catholic formation to our children.”Here’s what you can do to support Catholic schools:
1. Read the attached letter from the Bishops of Alberta
2. Complete the survey and ensure that you speak directly in support of Catholic education!
3. Forward the survey link to friends, family and supporters and encourage them to do the same. We need the government to receive a strong, passionate response to the questions they are asking!
Grateful Advocates for Catholic Education
GrACE Facebook address is www.facebook.com/GrACE4cathed
GrACE Twitter address is @GrACE4cathed
GrACE email firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas Cheer Hamper Forms
Christmas Cheer Hamper Forms are available
We want everyone to have a joyous Christmas please return your forms
to Camrose Neighbor Aid's Program Director or Assistant Director
by Monday, December 9, 2019
Your ID, proof of residence, proof of income
children's birth certificate or Alberta Health Card
will be required when submitting forms.
Only those living in Camrose or the Country of Camrose
may qualify for a Christmas Hamper.
Camrose Neighbor Aid Center address: 4524 - 54 St. Camrose, AB
Hours available to submit form: Monday - Friday 9 am - 4 pm
NO PHONE REQUESTS - THANK YOU
SCHOOL FEES - NOW DUE!
NEW...FIELD TRIP FEES for the year have been applied to ALL student accounts. Field trip fees need to be paid before the field trip date.
Hard copy invoices have been sent home and can be found in PowerSchool. Fees can be paid Online (PowerSchool Parent Portal) or at the school office (Debit, Visa, MasterCard).
Note: If you require financial assistance, Waiver of Fee Application Forms are available (click the link below). Application deadline is: December 13, 2019
WELLNESS MINUTE-WINTER WEATHER TIPS
SCHOOL SAFETY INFORMATION
- Please be aware of the crosswalks in front of our school as our Grade 4 Safety Patrollers are now on duty! **Be safe and use the designated crosswalks**
- Please stay clear of the bus lanes at the beginning and end of the school day
- Families/Students using 54th ave (North Side of School Yard) as a pick up/drop-off location, please use extreme caution. There are no crosswalks and it is a very busy street with heavy traffic
FIRST COMMUNION CLASSES
SFX YOUTH GROUP - GRADES 7-12
TICKETS FOR ADVENT TURKEY SUPPER CAN BE PURCHASED AT THE SCHOOL OFFICE
COMMUNITY HEALTH MONTHLY BULLETIN
HOW TO REPORT AN ABSENCE
- Call 1-877-246-9970 - option 3
- Use the SchoolMessenger App
- Use the "SchoolMessenger" link in the EICS App (this requires the SchoolMessenger app to be installed on a phone)
- Use https://go.schoolmessenger.ca