AP NEWS YOU CAN USE
Week of November 16 - November 20
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.
-William A. Ward
NEWS YOU CAN USE
Severe Weather Drill
Please reference your RED Emergency Manual for Severe Weather Drill procedures. We will hold our drill TOMORROW at 10:15.
This Thursday, November 12, we will hold our 3rd Annual Art Show beginning at 5:30. We are very excited to showcase student art work!
NOV 18th...Peggy Goodman and Wanda Mangum will be in attendance.
- Instructional planning will be on Thursday next week.
- Reference Dionne's email sent 11/8, for specifics and homework : )
- Wanda will be reviewing anecdotal notes during her visit.
**Formative Observations are in full swing and we love getting in your classrooms to see the awesome work your doing with your students.
Guided reading should be fully implemented during 2nd 9 weeks.
- Please reference the "Look For's" Mary gave out.
- There are more copies of the "Reading Strategies" book available in the Media Center.
- Please revisit the LSPI below and the implementation plan for ELA.
We welcome our Principal for The Day, Beth Kinsinger, tomorrow! She will be out and about with Mary to showcase the amazing teaching and learning going on in our school!
Congrats to our November Instructional Heroes:
- Amy Black
- Catrina Rustin
- Katherine Phenix
Grab a turkey in the front office and let us know what you're thankful for today!
Be sure to check the white board in the mail room each week!
Character Ed Students DUE THURSDAY by 9:00am.
November trait = KINDNESS
- Please remember to send these names. We would hate for a class to miss this opportunity for recognition!!
- Please encourage students to drop notes in the "Kindness Drop Box" in the media center so we can share on the morning announcements.
- For our weekly student recognition, the earlier the better when submitting names to your grade level AP.
- Also, if you would like to personally write the postcard for your student please let Stacy and I know. We will need it back by Friday morning.
- **The powerpoint with the list of students from each week will be posted on the Pharr ES Training Page
Pharr Superstars of The Month
New Superstars will be due on November 18th.
- The schedule is being posted on the Pharr ES Training Page.
- I have scheduled all classes prior to the break.
- IF you would like to split your testing and administer 2 content areas when we return from the break, please feel free to do so. You will need to schedule those lab times during your content area block, if possible, to avoid schedule conflicts.
- ALL tests must be complete by Tuesday, January 12.
- Lab time can be scheduled in Sign-Up Genius. See Kathleen's email for directions.
5 Tips for Effective Data Teams
- Laugh and cheer!
- Go beyond test scores
- Data trumps opinion
- Focus on next steps
- Create time for reflection
GMAS information will be released to the public on November 16. All information is confidential until further notice!!
Please visit the Pharr ES Training Page to access links to important GMAS resources.