Monday Memo, December 7, 2015
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, December 7th to Friday, December 11th
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
NEWS, NOTES AND REMINDERS
- The teaching resources in Learning Cottage 2 will find a new home this week. If there is anything you would like for your classroom please help yourself.
- The PreK "winter-break bag" materials are on the tables on the stage. Any help you can give to put these bags together for our PreK friends will be greatly appreciated!!
- The Imagination Station is closed for use starting today. We will begin to make the move of music and art to LC 2 by the end of this week.
Funkstown Christmas Families-
Thanks to everyone who took a Christmas box to fill. Let's plan to have all boxes returned and ready to be distributed to families by Friday, December 18th. We also need cash donations for purchasing one gift card for each family. Any amount you can give will be appreciated. Please see Nancy to contribute. Thanks!!
Monday, December 7th
- Book Fair begins today. The schedule for classroom visits can be found here: https://docs.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/document/d/1vf_-s-C3094rHkUIszzI-Uw-IvSyzEBPgvOgXIAftfg/edit?usp=sharing
- K-CFIP meeting at 11:45 in Nick's room. You will find the agenda here: https://docs.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/document/d/19N0N1o0S6t68zv4LzWQErayKYJqtCfqOp_BjcE08At0/edit?usp=sharing
- Leadership meeting at 3:00. Location to be determined. You will find the agenda here: https://docs.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/document/d/1E1xO8qGNmEZFnW2O-iD7Usa9akvTwMkC7H_IEHUgpOo/edit?usp=sharing
Tuesday, December 8th
- PreK CFIP at 11:00 in Bridget's room. The agenda is the same as the K agenda. see Monday.
- Secret Santa begins today!!
- Family Night at the Book Fair - Pre-K program at 6:00
Wednesday, December 9th
- IEP meetings today in Learning Cottage 3. You will find the agenda here: https://drive.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/file/d/0B1SFYQNevwIGb1lXXzhhN0xKcUk/view?usp=sharing
- Tammy Fochtman at Funkstown today.
- Arlene Reece-Toussaint at Funkstown today.
Thursday, December 10th
Case Managers meeting, Bridget Stine out half day.
Friday, December 11th
- Happy Friday!!
- Valerie at Tyler Munis training in the morning at CES.
- Monday, December 14 - Flu mist administration for students
- Tuesday, December 15 - Staff holiday luncheon in Room 0
- Wednesday, December 16 - IEP meetings, LC3
- Friday, December 18 - Special Ed Think Tank meeting in the afternoon
- Monday, December 21 - Mr. Semler's rescheduled visit to Funkstown
- Thursday, December 24 - Christmas Eve, Winter Break begins!!! Merry Christmas!!