By: Macenzee Ballard and Cassidy Cobb
- It can help you get or maintain a healthy weight
What is a health risk?
- A medical term used when someone is at risk of bad health
Diet: A selection of food or product that is meant to help prevent disease and any health risk.
- Basel Metabolic Rate
- Activity Level
- Caloric Balance
- Other Physical Activities
How to maintain a healthy weight
Health Problems Related to too Much Body Fat:
- High Blood Pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Abnormal Blood Fats
- Fragile Bones
- Hair Loss
- Fertility Loss
- Exercise regularly
- Eat healthy foods
Suggestions For Being Physically Active Every Day
- The risks for health problems go down.
- Helps you stay healthy.
- Teenagers need at least an hour of physical activity a day
- Time management
- Choose activities you are willing to do
Importance of Whole Grains and Fruits
- Help reduce risk of some dietary diseases
- Helps keep your bone strong
- Make it easier to stay healthy
- Help reduce blood and cholesterol levels
- Help provide a feeling of fullness
- Eat them for breakfast
- Make a salad
- Make a smoothie
How to Limit Fats and Cholesterol
- Saturated Fats
- Unsaturated Fats
- Heart Disease
- Eat healthy foods and eat fats in moderation.
- Some grains
- Most Junk Food
You should limit your sugar intake because it can cause health risk.
Sodium Vs. Potassium
It helps the muscles and nerves work properly
Disease linked to excess sodium:
- Heart Disease
- Kidney Disease
The function of sodium is to keep the bodies fluid levels normal.
- Alcohol can disrupt the bodies development
- Alcohol can effect how the brain disseminates information
- Alcohol and effect your eye sight
It is important because It can help you stay healthy in your daily life.