Welcome Back to School!
LYFT Indy Grocery Access Program
Lyft’s Indianapolis Grocery Access Program is open to Far Eastside residents living within the following boundaries: South of E 46th Street, North of E. 30th Street, West of Franklin Road, and East of N German Church Road. People living in this area can sign up by filling out the registration form. Ride sharing service is provided to and from local grocery stores for $1.
How do participants use their discounted rides?
- Each participant will need to have the Lyft app on their phone.
- Participants will be notified when ride credit has been added to their Lyft account.
- When ready to shop, participants can simply open the Lyft app and enter their destination.
- Ride credit will be automatically applied to rides to and from participating grocery providers.
- There are 6 partnering supermarkets/stores within the program area:
- To get involved as a family: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScMKHXeG1rKeFUrtapxLXba5LD4jZlJ_dcTaa3Zp6PR6X1NtA/viewform
October 5th Restart
James and Rosemary Phalen Leadership Academy will be opening our doors to our students starting October 5th. Please make sure you look at the schedule below to understand the Red and Gray Weeks according to your child's last name.
The week of October 5th-9th:
Students with the last name A-L will attend in the building Monday(Oct. 5th) and Tuesday (Oct. 6th).
Students with the last name M-Z will attend in the building Wednesday (Oct. 7th) and Thursday (Oct. 8th).
Friday, Oct. 9th, ALL students will be E-Learning.
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
As of July 31st, James and Rosemary Phalen Leadership Academy will be starting the 2020-2021 school year VIRTUALLY! We will go E-Learning starting August 11th until September 8th, 2020. The process of receiving your scholars devices will remain the same.
Drive Thru Times and Days:
Tuesday August 4th-7/8th Grade pickup
Wednesday August 5th-9/10th Grade pickup
Thursday August 6th-11th Grade pickup
- All grade levels will be able to pick up devices from 10am-4pm.
- JRP Staff will include directions on how to login into blackboard, schedule for your scholar's classes, JRP hours of operations, and more.
***Mask will be mandatory for all students/parents and staff to wear during the event.***
E-Learning Option @ JRPLA
If this is the option you choose, you must understand that your scholar will be e-learning for an entire 9 weeks. There will not be an option to leave e-learning during the 9 weeks.
In order to indicate your choice for 100% at-home e-learning, please contact:
Please provide the following information:
* indicate your scholar is a JRPLA student and you are opting for them to do at-home e-learning for at least the first nine weeks of school
* your name
* your scholar's name
* scholar's grade level
* a contact number where you can be reached
Email Mr. Brown or Mr. Gillard for Student ID. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
School opening/dismissal times- Doors will open at 7:15am. Dismissal will begin at 2:15pm.
If you need help with devices or enrollment or similar, please use the following contact information:
Submit a ticket: https://helpdesk.phalenacademies.org/knowledge
Welcome Back JRP Scholars
School opening/dismissal times- Doors will open at 7:23am. Dismissal will begin at 2:15pm.
- Our building will open at ½ capacity.
- Scholars will attend school on a week IN the building/week doing at-home e-learning alternating schedule. (Assigned weeks/groupings coming soon.)
- Scholars will be provided food for their at-home e-learning week
- All staff and scholars will be required to wear masks and/or face shields while at school.
- Scholars should wear a mask TO school; they will be provided a mask to wear during the day; all school masks will be laundered every Friday
- Scholars who ride the bus must wear a mask while on the bus.
- Temperatures will be taken daily. No scholar with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be permitted to stay at school
- No parents or outside visitors will be allowed inside the school building at any time
- CDC health and safety guidelines and procedures will be implemented
- The building will be sanitized daily
- No water bottles should be brought from home; we will provide disposable water bottles for scholars
As you prepare to start the school year, please be sure you are following our dress code.
Shirt: Long or short sleeved polo. No t-shirt style shirts.
Undershirts: Long or short sleeves.
Bottoms: Pants/Shorts/Skirts. Solid black or khaki. No jeans or cutoffs. Fastened at the waist.
Sweater/Sweatshirts: V-neck, crew neck, or cardigan.
Shoes/Boots: Closed heel or strap heel. Closed toes. Any color acceptable.