School Starts August 11th!
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
As of July 31st, James and Rosemary Phalen Leadership Academy will be starting the 2020-2021 school year VIRTUALLY! We will go E-Learning starting August 11th until September 8th, 2020. The process of receiving your scholars devices will remain the same.
Drive Thru Times and Days:
Tuesday August 4th-7/8th Grade pickup
Wednesday August 5th-9/10th Grade pickup
Thursday August 6th-11th Grade pickup
- All grade levels will be able to pick up devices from 10am-4pm.
- JRP Staff will include directions on how to login into blackboard, schedule for your scholar's classes, JRP hours of operations, and more.
***Mask will be mandatory for all students/parents and staff to wear during the event.***
E-Learning Option @ JRPLA
If this is the option you choose, you must understand that your scholar will be e-learning for an entire 9 weeks. There will not be an option to leave e-learning during the 9 weeks.
In order to indicate your choice for 100% at-home e-learning, please contact:
Please provide the following information:
* indicate your scholar is a JRPLA student and you are opting for them to do at-home e-learning for at least the first nine weeks of school
* your name
* your scholar's name
* scholar's grade level
* a contact number where you can be reached
Email Mr. Brown or Mr. Gillard for Student ID. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
School opening/dismissal times- Doors will open at 7:15am. Dismissal will begin at 2:15pm.
If you need help with devices or enrollment or similar, please use the following contact information:
Submit a ticket: https://helpdesk.phalenacademies.org/knowledge
Welcome Back JRP Scholars
School opening/dismissal times- Doors will open at 7:23am. Dismissal will begin at 2:15pm.
- Our building will open at ½ capacity.
- Scholars will attend school on a week IN the building/week doing at-home e-learning alternating schedule. (Assigned weeks/groupings coming soon.)
- Scholars will be provided food for their at-home e-learning week
- All staff and scholars will be required to wear masks and/or face shields while at school.
- Scholars should wear a mask TO school; they will be provided a mask to wear during the day; all school masks will be laundered every Friday
- Scholars who ride the bus must wear a mask while on the bus.
- Temperatures will be taken daily. No scholar with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be permitted to stay at school
- No parents or outside visitors will be allowed inside the school building at any time
- CDC health and safety guidelines and procedures will be implemented
- The building will be sanitized daily
- No water bottles should be brought from home; we will provide disposable water bottles for scholars
As you prepare to start the school year, please be sure you are following our dress code.
Shirt: Long or short sleeved polo. No t-shirt style shirts.
Undershirts: Long or short sleeves.
Bottoms: Pants/Shorts/Skirts. Solid black or khaki. No jeans or cutoffs. Fastened at the waist.
Sweater/Sweatshirts: V-neck, crew neck, or cardigan.
Shoes/Boots: Closed heel or strap heel. Closed toes. Any color acceptable.