Goodreads in the Classroom
How to sign up and some great ideas!
Check out these tutorials for more information on using Goodreads!
How you can use Goodreads in the Classroom
- Create quizzes for each other or take online quizzes that are already built. Helps check for comprehension.
- Use http://www.epals.com for free classroom emails that are teacher monitored. Use for private classroom Goodreads groups.
- • Challenges
• Basically it's time and date stamped, so follow readers in "real time". Have students update when a book is completed.
• Use for creative writing projects. Students can post poetry or short stories.
• Have students use Goodreads to post reviews and rate books.
• Use Goodreads to research books. Maybe have discussion/debates about other reader reviews. Good way to spark discussion.
• Model reading behavior to students by frequently updated and reviewing books for pleasure.
• This is the best of social media. Use it to get kids excited about reading.
• Create student groups. Have students connect with classmates by having discussions on Goodreads.
• Have students follow authors they admire