St. Croix Central High School
May 7, 2018
We are focused on students first. Communication - Professionalism - Family
Our Vison of Learning
In full support of our district mission and vision we at SCC High School are committed to...
Creating a learning experience built on creativity, choice, efficiency, and engagement, resulting in high-achieving and creative problem-solvers who take intellectual risks to discover the world around them and maximize their potential.
2017-18 Building Goals
2. During the 2017-18 school year we will develop and utilize effective methods of assessment, student reflection, and feedback.
3. During the 2017-18 school year 100% of departments / courses will complete work on essential standards, learning targets, and pacing.
Shout Outs and Celebrations
- Staff who filled in for colleagues when they need a sub.
- Gretchen for her leadership and organization with FFA Week.
- Congrats to Logan on being selected to provide the keynote address at graduation 2018.
- Bill for his support of the FFA.
- Nic for the excellent Hiring Fair.
- Fern-dog Millionaire for the SOS program on Friday.
- Tracie for her work with Panther Productions - student-led commercials and scoreboard animations.
- Garret and Courtney for getting the brick-oven project started.
- The staff who has done the morning greeting of students.
- Tessa for setting up the presentation on Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs for our 9th graders.
- Buck for taking students to the Festival of Nations.
- Sue for taking her kiddos to Plantables.
- Amanda for her work with the IDS music class.
- Logan for his leadership and dedication to NHS. Well done.
- The Math Dept. for creating a Screencastify explaining the new sequencing plan.
- Please finish up your Employee Evaluation requirements by May 10th.
- If you have any questions, please see Kurt or Jason.
Thank you for your great work. We've thoroughly enjoyed watching our amazing staff in action.
Kurt & Jason
- What are you most proud of this school year?
- What is one thing you will focus on for next year?
- On what topic, skill or technique would you most like to receive more training (PD)?
- How can the HS administration help you?
Please work with Lori to schedule your honest conversation with Kurt.
Coming Up This Week
Monday, May 7
- 7:30 am - SBA/R Committee - Main Office Conference Room
- 11:30 am - 2:30 pm - AP Psychology Exam
- 1:00 pm - Cliff Jacobson (Bears and Bear Safety) Mr. Emery's Room
Tuesday, May 8
- 7:35 am - 8:05 am - BLT Meeting
- 11:45 am - 3:15 pm - AP Physics Exam
Wednesday, May 9
- 7:30 am - 12:00 pm - AP Lit and Comp Exam
- 7:35 am - 8:15 am - PLC Meetings
- 8:00 am - Graduation Meeting - SENIORS (lecture room)
- 8:05 am - 8:20 am - Morning Meeting - 9th -11th grade (Auditorium)
- 10:00 am - 11:34 am - ATOD Presentation (All Freshmen) Auditorium
- 3:00 pm - Cross Country Meeting
Thursday, May 10
- 7:30 am - 11:00 am - AP Government Exam
- 7:35 am - 8:00 am - SBA&R Department Meeting: by request
Friday, May 11
- 7:30 am - 12:00 pm - AP US History Exam
- 8:00 am - 11:15 am AP German Exam
- 8:30 am - 10:30 am - HSLT Meeting
Field Trip Information - Please Read
Th form can be found in the "High School Information" - "Field Trip Information" folders on the Google Drive.
- When you open the document it should require you to make a copy. If not, please let me know and make a copy of your own.
- Print the document and turn it in with your field trip request form.
If the trip is deemed "non-academic" the students will need to absorb the cost of travel (i.e. a reward trip to Valley Fair) within the fee. We can discuss that when the form is turned in and you can plan accordingly and communicate that information with the students.
HS admin will work with you to determine if the bus costs will be passed on to the students. However, every trip must include this document regardless if it's an academic field trip or not.
Thank you for cooperating with this request.