September 4, 2020
Welcome to Our School!
From Mrs. Healey
- Our children feed off our emotions so no matter how sentimental this day can be, let's stay positive and excited.
- Students will be dropped off at the door and escorted in by caring staff members.
- Let your child know if he/she should eat breakfast at school.
- Have your child practice saying his/her first and last name loudly.
- All children should wear their dismissal tags for the first month of school.
- Have your child wear a mask.
I left the link to my orientation video in this newsletter in case you haven't had a change to view it yet.
Nothing warms my heart more than being around young children who are so enthusiastic about school and learning. Having the classroom visitation on Wednesday added to the excitement of the start of school. Thanks to all of you for sharing and entrusting us with your children with us!
How do I monitor my child's health?
How can I find the latest information on health and safety?
Attached is a link to a kid-friendly safety video produced by two of the elementary principals. It hits on some key points we will be emphasizing as students enter our buildings. Feel free to watch it with your child.
The information coming out about COVID 19 is constantly changing. Those changes have an impact on our district health and safety plan. The district has created a link that keeps all those changes updated as they come about. Feel free to explore the link below for the latest
One of the health and safety guidelines that has evolved over time is the wearing of masks. Currently, face masks are the standard face covering expectation for all students, staff and visitors. In the event you think your child should be considered for a mask exception, medical documentation should be shared with the school nurse or, if applicable, your child's IEP or 504 case manager.
What do I need to know about transportation?
- Bus drivers will not let students off a bus without an adult present to greet them.
- Car riders and walkers can enter the building at 7:30.
- Doors close at both the Filbert Street entrance and the side door at 7:50 so if you arrive after that, please come in through the main entrance.
- No cars can be in the bus loop in front of the school during arrival and dismissal times.
- Car riders should have their child exit on the passenger side by the sidewalk.
- Car riders should wait to pull up to the first 6 spaces before loading and unloading.
- Students should wear their dismissal tags for the first month of school.