2015 Year in Review
Global Marketing- Norah Yusuf Pd.6
Three Companies that Marketed Successfully
1. Beats by Dre headphones and speakers grew because of word of mouth, influencers like LeBron James, and cameos in music videos . Since it's debut in 2008 the brand has used a mastered version of traditional marketing to maintain its cool, tapping into the bond between sports and music in ways that would make any big company jealous.
2. Apple has always been big, but 2015 has been a great year for them. By releasing new iPhone 6/6s colors (such as Rose Gold), they made themselves a household name. Everyone had an iPhone in 2015, and the constant "Android VS iPhone" ceased.
3. Another brand that was successful in 2015 was Netflix. You could approach any group of people and bring up the streaming site and they could begin a riveting conversation about their favorite shows to watch. It advertised on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites and released clips of their original shows. Netflix was a name that was on everyone's tongue this year.
Best Products of 2015
1. iPhone 6s
Worst Products of 2015
1. Holocaust Tapestry
2. OCD Christmas Sweater
OCD Christmas Sweater
In November, Target unveiled a sweater emblazoned with the letters "OCD," standing for "Obsessive Christmas Disorder." The product sparked an uproar on social media, with customers calling for the removal of the sweater
In February, tapestries resembling the uniforms that gay prisoners were forced to wear in Nazi concentration camps(complete with gray and white stripes and pink triangles) were sold in Urban Outfitters. This prompted the Anti-Defamation League to call for the item's removal from stores. "Whether intentional or not, this gray-and-white-striped pattern and pink triangle combination is deeply offensive and should not be mainstreamed into popular culture,"
This product allowed customers to move around at up to 15 MPH.
OCD Christmas Sweater
Top Movies and how they were Marketed
1. Furious 7 was a very successful movie in the spring of 2015 because the movie had a lot of people following it. As well as having many hit movies come before it in the series, Paul Walker passed away during the making of it. Many people went to honor him and the ticket sales rocketed.
2. Jurassic World was another popular movie this year. The fans of the original movie Jurassic Park came out to see the remake in June, and they brought their friends who had never seen/heard of it.
Top Music Artist of 2015
1. The Weeknd rose to fame in May of 2015 with his song "The Hills". He quickly followed up with "Can't Feel My Face". His album stayed at the top of the Billboard 200 for 3 consecutive weeks.
2. Justin Bieber has been in the spotlight since 2011, but after his conflicts last year people began to despise him and ridicule his career. He came back in 2015 as a different person with his new album and hits, such as What Do You Mean and Sorry.
Top Ten Albums of 2015
1. The Original High by Adam Lambert
2. Rebel Heart by Madonna
3. Made in the A.M. by One Direction
4. Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Think by Courtney Barnett
5. Sounds Good Feels Good by 5 Seconds of Summer
6. Currents by Tame Impala
7. Drones by Muse
8. Higher Truth by Chris Cornell
9. 25 by Adele
10. To Pimp a Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar
New Years Resolutions
Personal Improvement- To eat healthier and start exercising more often
Family and Friends- Try to be nicer to my family when I get home from a long hard day
School and the Other World: Get all A's in school