This Week in Team
Week of December 14
Learning Walk Challenge
Monday, December 14
Questions to Guide Planning
- What should ALL learners know, understand, and/or be able to do as a result of this lesson? WHY should they know, understand, or be able to do this?
- What is enduring knowledge for all? What are the "have to knows" of this lesson? WHY do they need to know this?
- What do learners need to know to accomplish this objective? What background knowledge do you need to access or provide?
- What is your vision of success? What are learners doing if/when they learn this? What does successful reaching of the objective look like and sound like?
- What are the best vehicles for learners to attain the objective and practice the concepts/skills? What provisions have you planned for learners with special needs? (Direct instruction? Guided practice? Team learning? Individual task?) What opportunities for enrichment will you provide for advanced learners? These should be meaningful, engaging, and help learners to cement understandings!
- How will learners be assessed? How will they know and you know that they have learned - throughout the lesson and after you have taught the concept/skill? This is evidence of learning!
- How will assessment results guide future instruction? How will you use what you know of learner performance to plan the next lesson?
Tuesday, December 15
Grades Are Due @ 8:30am
The end of the 3 week grading period for MP3 is Friday, December 11th. Below is a timeline for IPR submittal.
Tuesday, December 15th:
- Grades due 8:30 am
- Unofficial IPR failure report run
Wednesday, December 16th:
- Teachers print Student Detail Reports for students with grades below a 75 (see attached instructions on how to print)
Thursday, December 17th:
- IPR's printed 8:00 AM (new time)
- Official Failure report(12:00 noon)
Friday, December 18th:
- IPR's distributed during 4th period
iLead Meets - Team Does NOT
Wednesday, December 16
Learning Walk Reflection
Thursday, December 17
Team Does NOT Meet
Friday, December 18
English Department Book Exchange
Friday, Dec. 18th, 2:30pm
2004 Brookville Lane
Flower Mound, TX
Bring libations and/or appetizers, chips, dips, etc. :)
Bring a book (new or gently used) for the White Elephant book exchange.
Tech Tip of the Week
- Go to the Google Search Page: www.google.com
- Enter: timer 5 minutes (or whatever time you want)
- Press the enter key.
- The timer will automatically start counting down!
- Click the speaker icon to mute the alarm.
- Click the frame icon to switch to the full-screen mode.