Canada's Physical Geography:
Landform Regions Map
Look at Fig. 12-5 on pg. 130 of the Making Connections textbook. Compare the map above with the landform regions map, then discuss the following questions with your group and record your responses into your note book.
1. In what landform region do we live?
2. What landform region will be the most populated? What region the least populated?
3. What region will provide the best mountain sports?
4. Describe what the Canadian shield will look like.
5. Which mountain region would most likely have the nickname "Canada's Icy Watchtowers?"
Three types of landforms:
If we look at a cross-section of Canada from East to West, we will notice three distinct types of landform regions- The Highland, The Lowlands and The Shield.
Copy Figure 12-6 o page 131, from the Making Connections textbook into your binder.
If you were to ride a bike across Canada which side of the country would you want to start on, the East or the West side?
Departures- Canada's Landform Regions
As we watch Justin, Scott & Andrew travel from the East Coast to the West Coast take notes on what the landscape looks like (flat, hilly, lakes, forest) and the types of activities they are able to enjoy.
Define Key Terms:
Define the following key terms in your notebook.
-meltwater -differential erosion
-shield -rift valley