Wesley Chapel High School 8/19/20
A message from Mr. McDermott
Parents and students, I want to take a minute to stress to you the importance of students following all of our new guidelines; these include the wearing of masks, social distancing, and proper hand washing. Please discuss this with your students so we can help protect both students and staff.
Also, don't forget that 11:59pm on Wednesday 8/19 we will be implementing a pause on students and parents changing their option for schooling so we can ensure schedules are ready for day 1 of classes. If you would like to change your option before the deadline, please email Mr. Hermansen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you have.
mySchool Online Textbook Pick-up
- Algebra 1
- Geometry and Geometry Honors
- Algebra 2 and Algebra 2 Honors
- All Advanced Placement Courses
Student Arrival Procedures - Please read carefully
- Students arriving by bus will be dropped off in front of the gym
- Buses will unload two at a time to limit student congregation
- Once students exit the bus, please social distance as you walk to get breakfast or make your way to first period
- Students will need to quickly move to the cafeteria to grab their breakfast and eat it in their first period class
- Students driving to campus will need to move quickly to the cafeteria to grab their breakfast and eat it it in their first period class
- Students being dropped off will need to move quickly to the cafeteria to grab their breakfast and eat it in their first period class
- Students who do not require breakfast will need to move quickly to their first period and not stop to congregate
- Dismissal will be staggered at the end of the day in an attempt to prevent student congregation
- Staff will be utilized to direct students to not congregate and move quickly to the bus loop, car loop, or student parking
- Staff will remind students to wear masks and social distance at all times
Yearbook and Senior Portraits Information
Information on YEARBOOKS and SENIOR PORTRAITS:
- Last year's yearbook sold out quickly, so plan on pre-ordering your yearbook early. Yearbooks are currently being sold for $80 with a price increase on January 1, 2021. You can purchase through the student fee section or through Walsworth's website, www.yearbookforever.com.
- If you are purchasing anything extra, such as a protective cover or name engraving, you must make your purchase through Walsworth's site.
- Senior ads must be purchased though the Walsworth site. These are on sale now through January 31, 2021.
- Seniors, in order for your photo to appear in the senior section of the yearbook, you must have your photo session with Gigante no later than October 31, 2020. Contact Gigante at 813-907-1078 to schedule your appointment. There is a $15 sitting fee, but you are not obligated to purchase photos. Only Gigante photos can be featured in the senior section.
- Seniors, Gigante will be on campus September 23 and 24 for senior portrait sessions, but you must contact them to schedule an appointment.
- Seniors, want a chance to win a free half page senior ad (valued at $200)? There are TWO ways to enter:
- Preorder your yearbook by Friday, September 11.
- Either get your senior portrait taken by Gigante OR contact them to schedule your session by Friday, September 11.
- If you have any questions regarding yearbooks or senior portraits, email Mrs. Ingram at email@example.com or call/text 813-485-6641.
Schedule Change Procedures
Click the links below to download WCHS MySchool Online Quick Facts, school supply list, and directions on how to create a parent observer account in Canvas
School Spirit Masks
Masks must be worn while on campus and we will have Wesley Chapel High School masks for sale if you want to share your school spirit. Masks with valves are no longer acceptable and students will be asked to cover the valves with tape if they wear them to school.
Students returning through mySchool Online will need to attend school remotely, following their standard school schedule and bell times. Click here to read more information specific to mySchool Online.
Bus Transportation Information for 2020-2021
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
Pasco County School’s Food and Nutrition Services has several important announcements for families. Please listen to the entirety of this message.
School meal accounts can be funded through the MySchoolBucks meal payment service starting on August 15th. Just visit MySchoolBucks.com. You can also view meal history and set spending limits through this service. You also have the option of paying directly in the cafeteria with cash, check, credit or debit. Contactless pay will be available at registers where credit cards are accepted. Students can use contactless cards, or Google Wallet, Android Pay and Apple Pay from their phones.
For students choosing MySchoolOnline, meals will be available for parent pick-up. Details regarding the program will be sent to those households. Please note that meals will only be free to students qualifying for free lunch. Students receiving reduced or paid meals will have their accounts charged based on their status.
If your student will not be returning to school and has money remaining on their account, these funds will stay on their account until they return to school in the future. If you need to request a refund, transfer these funds to another student, or would like them donate them to our hardship fund for students in need, please visit www.pascoschoolmeals.com.
Finally, the free and reduced-price meal application for the upcoming school year is now available at www.PascoSchoolMeals.com. Only one application is needed per household. If already received a Direct Certification letter you do not need to complete an application.
Please contact Food and Nutrition Services with any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 813-794-2522.
Student Parking Passes
- Students must purchase parking passes ($40) through myStudent fees.
- All parking passes will be distributed during lunches during the first two weeks of school. Mr. Garza will distribute parking passes during lunch only.
- Students must have a copy of their driver's license, registration, and insurance in order to receive a parking pass.
- All new drivers must complete the Safe Behind the Wheel Canvas course located on our school website. Click here to access the course and complete it as soon as possible.
- All students, including students who drove last year, must purchase a new parking pass each year and update all vehicle information.
Emergency Card Information and Directions
The Parent Legal Notices and Emergency Card entry for families has in the myStudent system as of 8-4-20. Emergency cards must be complete before access to myStudent will be available. Please download the step-by-step instructions below for completing the emergency card. If you have questions or need assistance, please email myStudenthelp@pasco.k12.fl.us.