Mrs. Koontz's Newsletter
May 10, 2016
- If your child will go home a different way than usual, you will need to write a note. If I do not have a note saying they will go home a different way, I will send them home their normal way.
- Please, please make sure your child has a supply of pencils and a dry erase marker (black works best).
- Please remember, our day starts at 7:35. Students switch classes at 7:45. We have a high number of tardies in some classes. Every minute of our day is precious. We are reviewing for EOGs in each class. Please make every effort to get your child to school on time. Thank you.
- Wear a swim suit under clothing. Please remember that if your child is wearing a two-piece swimsuit and a light colored shirt, we should not be able to see their mid-drift when their shirt is wet.
- Wear gym shoes. If your child does not have gym shoes/tennis shoes/sneakers on, they will not be permitted to participate and they are not permitted to call home to have someone bring them a pair of shoes.
- Wear clothes that you don't mind get dirty or wet. Your child will be soaked from head to toe. Their shoes will be filthy.
- Apply sunscreen at home. Students are not permitted to bring sunscreen to school or apply it at school. It is considered a medication.
- Pack a set of extra clothes. This includes different shoes (I recommend flip flops as they are easy to get on quickly) and a clean pair of underwear. Nobody wants to sit on a bus for an hour in wet pants.
- Bring a beach towel. This is more for drying off afterwards.
- Bring a water bottle. Although there will be water stations, students will get hot and thirsty in between.
- Wear a hat. Sunburn on your scalp is no fun.
I think this about covers it. I will go over everything with my homeroom. If I forgot something here, I am sure they will ask me about it so I can remember it.
Friday, May 27 - Social Studies Final Exam - Fourth grade will start after fifth grade finishes. We expect that to be around 11:00.
Wednesday, June 1 - Reading EOG (not online)
Thursday, June 2 - Math EOG (not online)
Friday, June 3 - Science FInal Exam (online)
If your child misses a testing session, they must make it up before the end of school.
May 9 - 13 - Habitat for Humanity fund raiser
May 11 - Boosterthon pledges due
May 13 - Field Day
May 19- Spirit Day/Chic Fil A Night
May 26 - 4th Grade Awards Ceremony (more information to follow - invitation only)
May 27 - Social Studies Final Exam
May 30 - No school - Memorial Day
June 1 - Reading EOG
June 2 - Math EOG
June 3 - Science Final Exam
June 9 - Last Day for Students - 11:30 dismissal