Elton Gregory Middle School
Redmond School District Bond 2018
At Elton Gregory we are fortunate to have an outstanding building, so you may wonder how the bond could impact our community. Here are a few of the ways the bond will impact EGMS:
Student safety is our number one concern. The bond has prioritized limiting multiple entry points for middle and high schools, replacing emergency communication systems, and upgrading the security camera systems.
Schools will have the ability to upgrade old HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems as needed.
Any new heating, ventilation, and lighting systems will be more efficient and reduce operating cost.
Make technology infrastructure improvements to ensure students have the tools they need to meet demands of the world they will enter after high school.
More information is available at www.RedmondSchoolBond.org
Basketball and Wrestling Registration
Winter Sports Registration (Sign-Ups) will open on FamilyID starting Oct. 15th.
Boys Basketball Registration will close Nov. 4th.
Girls Basketball & Wrestling Registration will close Jan. 6th.
If your student would like to participate in 7th/8th grade Boys Basketball, 7th/8th grade Girls Basketball or Wrestling (6th-8th grades) please visit www.familyid.com to register them.
Boys Basketball will start November 5th
Girls Basketball & Wrestling will start in January.
You can use this link to access FamilyID:
Thank you for all your support, GO HUSKIES!!
We are Entering Cold and Flu Season... When to keep your kids home from school and when to send them.
- Fever: Keep home any child with a fever 100 or greater. Don’t send your child back to school until they have been fever-free for 24 hours.
- Rash: Keep a child with an unexplained rash or a rash with a fever at home. (Seek medical evaluation!)
- Colored drainage from the eyes, ears, nose, mouth or any part of the body is a reason to keep your child at home. Don’t send them back until the discharge is gone or the child has been on antibiotics for 24 hours.
- Vomiting: Don’t send a child to school if they have vomited in the past 24 hours.
- Diarrhea: If your child has had three episodes of diarrhea in the past 24 hours, keep them home.
- Cough: A cough that is productive of colored mucous would fall under the colored drainage category above. Teach your child to cough into their bent elbow and use good hand washing.
- Sore throat: Any sore throat accompanied by a fever needs to be evaluated by your doctor or clinic for strep. Any cases of strep throat need to be treated with antibiotics for 24 hours before your child returns to school.
If you ever have a question about whether your child should be in school, or if their symptoms would require a doctor visit, please feel free to give Nurse Kim a call at the school.
Fall Social November 2nd 2:30-4:30pm
Safety reminder to all of our families who have students walking or biking to EGMS
It is that time of year when our days are getting shorter and colder. For our student who walk or bike to school, your morning commute is now dark. PLEASE make sure you are having conversation with your kids about how to get to school safely.
Don’t assume cars can see you and will stop for you.
Don’t be looking down at your phone while walking or biking.
Use the designated crosswalks when crossing the street, if there are no designated crosswalks use the closest lighted intersection.
Don’t walk to school wearing headphones, it makes it hard to hear cars and decreases your awareness of your surroundings.
Wear clothes that make you visible to drivers and keep you warm.
Reflective clothing and lights are a good idea.
If you are riding a bike to school PLEASE wear a helmet and use bike lights.
Watch for ice.
Follow the rules of the road, please review basic rules with students.
Thanks for your support in helping us keep our students safe!
What's Coming Up at EGMS?
10/29 Kindness Celebration at Lunch
10/29 Spirit Day: PJ Day
10/30 Spirit Day: Super Hero Day
10/31 Spirit Day: Costume Day
11/1 Spirit Day: Husky Pride Day
11/1 Perfect Attendance Awards for October at Lunch
11/1 Parenting the Middle School Mind: What are they thinking and why are they thinking it? @ Obsidian Middle School 5:30-7pm (Dinner Provided)
11/2 Picture Retakes
11/2 Spirit Day: Wacky/Mismatch Day
11/2 After School Social 2:30-4:30pm11/5 Boys Basketball Practice Begins
11/8 Health Screenings (6th & 7th Grade)
11/12 No School: Veteran’s Day Holiday
11/19-11/23 No School: Thanksgiving Break
11/29 Last Day of Trimester 1
11/30 No School: Teacher Grading Day
12/3 1st Day of Trimester 2