- Holiday Giving Program: With the holidays right around the corner, we are beginning our preparations for our AHJS Holiday Giving Program. The Holiday Giving Program is an opportunity to provide for Junior School students and their families in need of assistance. Families who apply will receive gift cards for clothing, shoes, toiletries, and HEB gift cards.
- Programa de Donaciones Navideñas: Con las fiestas navideñas a la vuelta de la esquina, estamos comenzando a prepararnos para nuestro Programa de donaciones navideñas de AHJS. El Programa Holiday Giving es una oportunidad para ayudar a los estudiantes de secundaria y sus familias que necesitan ayuda. Las familias que presenten la solicitud recibirán tarjetas de regalo para ropa, zapatos, artículos de tocador y tarjetas de regalo HEB.
- Be an Angel for Junior School students
- Holiday Giving Program: Are you in need of assistance for the holiday? Our AHHS Angels and our PTO can help. The goal is to support high school students and their families with gift cards to buy clothes, shoes, and food. Please CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW, one per high school student. They will be distributed to the student the week of December 5th. If you need more information about the High School Holiday Giving Program please email Stephanie Hughes, email@example.com or call us at (210)832-5759.
- Programa de Donaciones de Navideñas: ¿Necesita ayuda para las vacaciones? Nuestros ángeles de AHHS y nuestro PTO pueden ayudar. El objetivo es apoyar a los estudiantes de secundaria y sus familias con tarjetas de regalo para comprar ropa, zapatos y alimentos. Por favor POR FAVOR HAGA CLIC EN EL BOTÓN DE ABAJO, uno por estudiante de secundaria. Se distribuirán al alumno la semana del 5 de Diciembre. Si necesita más información sobre el Programa de Donación Navideñas de la escuela secundaria, envíe un correo electrónico a Stephanie Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org o llámenos al (210) 832-5759
- Snack Shak: for families of high school students that are experiencing food insecurity
- Reset Room: The AHHS Reset Room, which is new this year, is located in the Wellness Center. The purpose is to provide students with a space where they can independently regulate their emotions and be able to return to class ready to learn. The students will always have the option to speak with Wellness staff before or after utilizing this room if they want.
We have a few more things that we need to complete this space. Contact Stephanie Hughes email@example.com or 210-832-5759 to make arrangements for delivery of the item(s) that you're donating.
Thank you SO MUCH for your willingness to help. We are incredibly blessed to have such a generous community.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: Join us in December for our Guest Speaker, Michelli Ramon, who will focus on mental health for your teen. Michelli brings a wealth of knowledge, humor, compassion, and honesty. You don't want to miss it!
SUBSTANCE USE info
WELLNESS for you
Self-care is also saying NO when you should!
The Power of Saying No
Feeling confident in saying "no" can help people set clear and consistent boundaries in their relationships. People can find a way to say "no" that feels natural to them, such as by sandwiching the refusal between positive comments. Different forms of self-care include saying "no," positive affirmations, and creative activities.
30 NEW WAYS in November
Doing things in NEW WAYS can be tough. Human beings tend to be very routine oriented. But new things can create some really positive change. Give it a try this month!