Keeping Up With Kindergarten
Mrs. Enright's Class
December 11, 2015
Our class was so very excited to have a new student after Thanksgiving break! Cole comes to us from Central School and has been a perfect addition to this wonderful group of students. Welcome to Lizzy Haddon Spence family!
What's Happening in the Classroom?
Math: We continued measurement and started working with money over the past two weeks. We've discussed how much a penny is worth and have practiced counting pennies up to 50! We will be moving on to nickels and dimes so start emptying those piggy banks for some practice at home :)
Social Studies: We have really enjoyed continuing our family study by focusing on family traditions over the past two weeks. We've read stories about what traditions are and shared about our own traditions with our families at home. The students completed this study by choosing their favorite family tradition and writing about and illustrating these special memories.
Quick Notes & Reminders
- Monday is Appreciating Differences Day and students are encouraged to wear something that shows what makes them unique.
- Parent Teacher Conferences begin next Wednesday and go through the following Monday. I am looking forward to meeting with you during your scheduled time!
- We will have a 10:55 dismissal on Wednesday, the 16th for conferences.
- There is no school on Friday, the 18th for conferences.
- Library books are due back Monday, December 21st. I will also send a text reminder Sunday night!
- We will have a 10:55 dismissal on Monday, the 21st for conferences.
- We will have a 10:55 dismissal on Wednesday, the 23rd for winter break.
- There is no school Thursday, December 24th through January the 3rd for winter break.