Newsletter Week 3 Term 1 2022
St Joseph's Catholic School Morrinsville February 22nd 2022
We have lots of ground work happening across the street and it was an exciting time for our juniors who came out to watch. Their little heads were staring through the fence. There is always so much to do at St Joes.
A special welcome to Ehmeet Kaur and Taylor Elliott who have started school this week. Eshmeet is the first one from her family to come to our school and Taylor already has two big sisters, Brooke and Kelsey to help her settle in. Welcome to our school, Eshmeet and Taylor.
Thank you for your support with the implementation of procedures under red level. Last week we made available some Q&A regarding Covid and cases. This information is also available on our school website www.stjoes.school.nz. If you are a confirmed case or have a confirmed case in your household, please contact email@example.com asap.
Urgent Request to School Pool Users: We ask that after hours school pool users please be vigilant in locking the gate. As part of your agreement you have a responsibility to ensure the area is fully secure on leaving. Thank you.
God Bless you. Keep safe, keep well. May your light shine.
First Communion, Confirmation and Reconciliation
SACRAMENTAL PROGRAMME 2022
We are getting ready to begin Sacramental preparations for children, with a Parents meeting on Tuesday 1st March at 7pm in the Parish Lounge. Any parent wanting their child to take part in the Sacramental programme, please contact the school or Parish Office to complete an enrolment form. No late enrolments will be accepted.
· First Reconciliation for Morrinsville will be on Tuesday 29th March at 3.30pm.
· Confirmation will be on Sunday 22 nd May at 2pm in Te Aroha (whole Parish celebration)
· First Communion for Morrinsville will be on Sunday 19 th June at 9am
Our New St Joseph's Catholic School Website
- covid questions
- general school information
- what you need to know about St Joes
We have great photos on our website too!
Household members of Close Contacts
We have been informed of a policy change around household members of Close Contacts. Previously, people that live with a Close Contact have had to isolate until the Close Contact returned a negative 5 Day test. We have been informed by both our National Office and the Waikato DHB that this will no longer be required in our region and that household members do not need to isolate and can continue working, attending school etc. Please note, this only applies to those who live with a Close Contact, People who live with a Confirmed Case are Close Contacts themselves and will need to isolate and be tested.
Confirmed cases connected to our school
Shining your Light
- Tuesday/Thursday - Swimmers to town pool
- Friday, Feb 25th - Spirt Hour session
- Monday, Feb 28th - Friday, March 4th - Student assessment week
- Sunday, March 6th - First Sunday of Lent
- Wednesday, March 9th - Yr 4-8 Swimming Sports
- Sunday, March 13th - Second Sunday of Lent
- Thursday, March 17th - St Patrick's Day -Feast Day