Every Learner - Every Day 10-1-15
1. I was inspired by teachers using technology to individualize instruction.
2. Huge thank you to our teachers that are hosting academic labs during chief time. We have witnessed A LOT of students benefiting from this!
3. Karen Davis is kind and always helpful. I want to be just like her when I grow up!
4. I'm inspired by the ELA teachers tackling PBL with such passion and energy.5. Jami Jansen does a great job and puts up with a lot and always has a smile on her face and is willing to help!
6. Student Ambassadors are doing a wonderful job welcoming new students to Kickapoo.7. The new student group has helped our new kids transition so much better and it is definitely something to celebrate.
8. Shannon McDonald's presentation on Scanbot. She did a great job.
Project Based Learning: Explained
What is it? This simple video makes the essential elements of PBL come alive and brings to light the 21st Century competencies (collaboration, communication, critical thinking) that will enable K-12 students to be college- and work-ready as well as effective members of their communities.
Why do we like it? The video helps introduce Project Based Learning to educators, parents and community members who are new to PBL, by giving them a simple starting point for further discussion.
How can you use it? Use the video as an entry event to start a discussion with peers, staff, parents and community members about "What is PBL?"
Use of Church Facilities
Classroom Observations are underway and I am happy to report that they seem to be going very well. It is a pleasure to observe the great things that each of you are doing in your classrooms. We are seeing a high level of student engagement as teacher step back and become more of a facilitator of information rather than being the main source of information. Below is just a reminder of our expectations for what we will be looking for during the observation.
1. The What, Why, and How should be visible at all times in your classroom. The What is your learning objective and the Why is how you are making learning Relevant. The How would be an agenda of learning activities for the lesson.
2. Evidence of student Input/Feedback and Achievement Data is required, but does not need to be posted or visible at all times.
Please do not hesitate to ask questions about your observation and the feedback that you are receiving on the form. This is a new system and we are all still learning the process.
Oct. 2 - PLC Academy Meetings
Oct. 5 - Sophomore OTC Career Day
Oct. 6 - College Fair at Ramada Oasis, 4:30-6:30
Oct. 8 - Student Flu Shots
Oct. 9 - End of 1st Quarter
Oct. 12 - Professional Learning / Work Day. No Students.