A Million Thank-You's!
Wow. I am so humbled and honored to be the principal here at Maple Grove Elementary. Your professionalism and positivity during two back-to-back twelve hour days is one more reason why I can't imagine working anywhere else. As a principal, I'm proud of you. As a parent, I am thankful for you. I appreciate that we are so student-centered here at MG.
Today, Andrea and I felt so loved by this staff with our cards and delicious Arni's lunch. How thoughtful to think of us for Bosses Day. I've never really thought of myself as a boss, and am always a little sheepish about donning the term. However, I am forever grateful to lead such an amazing school, and work with such warm, dedicated colleagues. Your heartfelt sentiments in the card made me teary. As much as I love my job, it can often be a fairly thankless one. Your kind words mean more than you will know.
Relax, recharge, and rest over Fall Break! You deserve it!!
In The Know...
- 10/26-10/30: CoGat testing in Kdg
- 10/26-10/30: Red Ribbon Week (see Angela's email for details)
- 10/26: SST
- 10/27: Combined Leadership/PD meeting in the library at 8am
- 10/29: Picture retakes
- now-10/30: teachers will complete at least one Eleot observation with a colleague. Please turn it into the red folder in Andrea or Brooke's mailbox.
- 11/2-4: Inview testing for grades 3 & 5
- 11/24: GAPs due in SFS
- Happy birthday over break to Paula Hoover on 10/24 and Sherry on 10/25!
A Big Superstar goes to...
- the following staff members for participating 4/5 Homecoming spirit days. Thanks for having fun with us!
- Betsy Leavitt, Debbie Lloyd, Beth Hoke, Sandy Chambers, Bernie Doyle, Allison Smiley, Jennifer Ader, Christy DeBruyn, Alison Fox, Melissa Maxwell, Lisa FIsk, & Tami Cuskaden
- Paige Prather and Laura DeBaun-Haag for representing Maple Grove with student council for the Homecoming parade!
- Angela Talarzyk for planning a great week of Red Ribbon activities when we return!
- The Fun Committee for planning a Fall Break activity for our staff! Check Melissa Gardner's email for details. Hope to see you there!
- our amazing PTO for the delicious dinner last night. Yummo!
- Heather Gant for the post-conference donuts today. :)
- Don't forget, you can nominate a colleague for Superstar recognition in the Friday Focus, or you can share good news so that we can share in your joy as well!