- Team Drives- what are they and how to set them up?
- How to set up Google Classroom Guardian feature to email summaries to parents with information about missing work, upcoming work and class activity.
- How to share a Google Classroom Calendar with parents.
What Are Team Drives?
Google Team Drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device. Unlike files in My Drive, files in Team Drive belong to the team instead of an individual. Even if members leave, the files stay exactly where they are so your team can continue to share information and get work done.
Check out this tutorial for step-by-step instructions for setting up and using Team Drives.
Google Classroom Guardian Feature
The Google Classroom Guardian Feature allows parents to receive either a daily or weekly summary of their student's missed work, coming assignments, and information about any class activity. Although it does not let them see information about other students or the actual Google Classroom itself, it is still a feature that parents will find useful.
It's easy to set up-
Go to classroom.google.com
- Click the class.
- At the top, click Students.
- Next to a student’s name, click Invite Guardians.
- In the text field, enter a guardian’s email address.
To invite multiple guardians, insert a comma between the email addresses.
- Click Invite to send the invitation.
To invite additional guardians after you sent an invitation, next to the student's name, click More Invite Guardians.
- After a guardian accepts the invitation, you and their student receives a confirmation email and the guardian’s full name shows next to the student’s name.
Click here for a detailed step-by-step tutorial on setting up the Guardian feature.
Sharing Your Google Classroom Calendar With Parents
- Go to the About page within Google Classroom for a particular class.
- Choose “Open in Calendar”
- Access the Calendar Sharing settings.
- Click “Make this Calendar Public”
- Save your changes.
- Access the Calendar Settings.