MacArthur 4K News
November 16th, 2015
- We went on a nature hunt to find trees, leaves, acorns, birds, squirrels, etc. Continue to look for these things outside and talk about what they look like and sound like.
- We worked on a Dot Counting book and matched owl letters during table tops at the start of our day. We also did a sorting activity and sequenced pictures.
- The dramatic play area is set up like a house with babies, a crib, food and a high chair.
- We starting Writing Workshop on Thursday. The kids drew a picture and tried to label 1 or 2 pictures with a beginning sound.
- Gym-The morning class played Sharks and Minnows. The Sharks tried to catch the minnows as they swam across the gym sea. The afternoon class worked with the first graders to build alphabet puzzles all across the gym.
This Week in 4K:
- Library Story Time - Monday; Book Fair Preview - Monday
- Lending - Library checkout - Please return lending library books this week. We won't be checking out this week since so many are missing and next week is a short week, so we will check out again on November 30th.
- We are starting a unit on Nursery Rhymes and will be doing some work on finding rhyming words. Our first Nursery Rhyme is Jack Be Nimble. We will be jumping over the candlestick like Jack later in the week and will be creating another class book.
- We will be doing a turkey project on Wednesday.
- We will be having Hearing Screening from the County Nurses on Wednesday.
- Book Fair in the Library - Tuesday, Nov. 17 and Thursday, Nov. 19 from 3:30-7:30
- Wednesday, November 18 - Hearing Screening
- Conferences - Tuesday, November 17th; Thursday, November 19th; Friday, November 20 - Please come at your scheduled time. If you need to reschedule, please call the office at 492-2680 or email me. I look forward to meeting with all of you and discussing your child's progress. Thank you!
- No School - Wednesday, November 25 and Thursday, November 26th
Books We Are Reading This Week:
- Shubert is a STAR by Dr. Becky Bailey - A great story about Shubert, a lightening bug, who is upset. His teacher, Mrs. Bookbinder teacher, teaches him and his classmates ways to calm down. The book mentions and uses some of our breathing techniques we use for calming: Drain, STAR, Balloon, and Pretzel. Please ask your child to show you the breathing techniques.
- Shubert's Choice by Dr. Becky Bailey