The Soto Scoop
Seek Excellence, Achieve Results
THANK YOU! This is the last stretch--four more instructional days! I am truly thankful to all of you for working relentlessly to prepare our students and making ACP testing as smooth and pleasant as possible. You are appreciated!
This past semester has been one of growth, successes, and possibilities! The best is yet to come. Lets continue to work together to end this semester with a "bang!"
A few notes and reminders--
- Important Deadline: DISD Annual Policy Acknowledgment Go here to download step-by-step directions for completing the acknowledgement. Upon completion, a confirmation of acknowledgment will be sent to your district e-mail. Please forward me me the confirmation of acknowledgement. It is imperative that all teachers and staff complete the annual policy acknowledgement.
- Secret Santa begins on December 9th. You will reveal yourself at a brief PD session on December 16th.
- Check-out the STAAR Academy Trainings offered by Region 10 (sent by email) and consider signing up.The training will provide the most recent updates in regards to STAAR/EOC as well as instructional strategies and best practices for the assessed curriculum.
- Every absence places a great burden on other teachers and disrupts students' testing environment. Please make every effort to be punctual and present during testing. Your students and fellow teachers greatly appreciate it!!!
- Friday, December 18th is scheduled to be a day of fun project based learning to celebrate the winter season and end of ACP testing. Please share this celebration with students as an incentive for them "doing their best." If you are having a hard-time lesson planning for that day, see any member of the incentives committee.
A Week in Review
ACP Testing Begins
ACP Testing Begins and We Prepare to Say "Goodbye" to the Fall School Semester
About 100 students and 9 Teachers Review for ACPs in Fun and Engaging Ways
Santa Visits Soto ES
K-2nd Grade Teacher Receive a Classroom Library to Enjoy with their Students from an Anonymous Donor
Go Above and Beyond!
Friday, Dec. 11th, 8am to Thursday, Dec. 17th, 3pm
4510 West Jefferson Boulevard
ACP Testing will take place from Friday, December 11th to Thursday, December 17th. A detailed schedule is available.