Celebrating 60 Years of Education! May 3rd Edition
Mark Your Calendar
- Tuesday, May 3rd @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Tuesday, May 3rd @ 3:30PM: Reading Olympics
- Wednesday, May 4th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, May 4th: Sign Up to Attend the Gayman Dance
- Thursday, May 5th-Friday, May 6th: Math PSSAs (3rd-6th Grades)
- Thursday, May 5th @ 6:00PM: Learn and Discover 2023 Kindergarten Night
- Friday, May 6th: GHSA Board Nominations Due
- Monday, May 9th: Science PSSAs (4th Grade)
- Tuesday, May 10th @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Wednesday, May 11th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, May 11th: @ 8:00AM: Student Council Meeting
- Wednesday, May 11th: BMX Bike Assembly
- Thursday, May 12th: 3rd Grade Field Trip to Honey Hollow
- Thursday, May 12th @ 6:30PM: 2nd Grade Music Concert
- Thursday, May 12th @ 7:15PM: 4th Grade Music Concert
- Friday, May 13th: Gayman Picnic Lunch Day
- Saturday, May 14th @ 6:00-8:00PM: Gayman School Dance: Island Paradise
- Monday, May 16th: Gayman Student Placement Information Due
- Tuesday, May 17th: Online Instruction Day - Primary Election Day
- Friday, May 20th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Friday, May 20th: Student Council Roadside Clean Up
- Monday, May 23rd @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Monday, May 23rd @ 7:00PM: Band, Orchestra, and Choir Concert @ Tohickon
- Tuesday, May 24th @ 9:00AM: 6th Grade Middle School Orientation
- Tuesday, May 24th: 5th Grade Field Trip to Washington Crossing
- Tuesday, May 24th @ 7:00PM: GHSA General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, May 25th @ 4:30-7:30PM: Gayman Art Student Showcase
- Thursday, May 26th: Field Day
- Friday, May 27th: No School for Students/ Teacher In-Service Day
- Monday, May 30th: CBSD Schools Closed/Memorial Day
** For all upcoming event dates and times, check the Gayman Calendar on our website.
2022-2023 Placement Process
In the coming weeks, we will begin the process of assigning students to an appropriate class for next year. In putting together our roster of classes, we will take into consideration many factors including academic performance, behavioral characteristics, personalities, needs, and learning styles. Our goal is to ensure that each child is in a class that has an appropriate balance of students with the proper teacher. We will work as a team using the information collected from the present classroom teacher(s) and the input of the Student Support Counselor, Reading Specialist, Special Education Teacher, and Administration.
Class placement is made after reviewing many factors. If you feel that the team would benefit from additional information, please send the attached Parent Input Placement Form in an envelope addressed to Mrs. Carter or send via email to confidential secretary Mrs. Costello, email@example.com by Monday, May 16th. Please note: requests for specific teachers will not be considered, as well as references to male/female teachers.
Consider describing a classroom environment that would be beneficial to your son/daughter. In addition, share any information regarding academic, social or emotional development that you would like us to consider. You should not name a specific teacher. District staffing is not complete until June and teaching assignments may change. Please use this opportunity to speak to your child's strengths and needs.
Student/teacher assignments will be announced through the Parent Portal in early August. After placement has been completed, class assignment changes will not be considered. Moving even one child from a class could upset the balance of a classroom and have an impact that extends far beyond your child. All of our teachers are caring, capable, and highly-qualified educators. Thank you for your cooperation in not requesting changes and for your understanding, trust, and support.
Move Up Day
Students will not be assigned a specific teacher by that date. Instead students will meet all grade level teachers and learn about the highlights of what the 2022-2023 school year will hold for them. Our goal in this activity is to build excitement about the coming year and reduce anxiety for the next school year, as we head into the summer. We look forward to the upcoming school year!
What's for Breakfast & Lunch?
Interested in Chaperoning a Field Trip... or Supervising a Class Party?
If your clearances are current, upload them into the App Garden - Volunteer Tracker. If your clearances have expired, or you need to begin the clearance process, click on the Required Documents for the directions. For more information, consult the Human Resources Volunteer Required Paperwork webpage.
2022 PSSA Schedule
Gayman Elementary School will deliver the PSSAs for students in grades 3-6 in an online format, similar to last year, on the following dates:
- Mathematics: May 5th & 6th
- Science: May 9th - 4th grade only
Click here to access additional information about the 2022 PSSA testing protocols.
Required Health Examinations
Pennsylvania mandates the following health examinations:
- Physicals: School entry (Kindergarten), grades 6 and 11
- Dentals: School entry (Kindergarten), grades 3 and 7
Parents are urged to have physical and dental examinations completed by their family physician or dentist and submitted prior to October 15th of the year that they are due. Send health forms to Sara Hedges, our school nurse, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has the following immunization requirements for students:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after 4th birthday) (DTaP)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given) (IPV)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B (Hep B)-properly spaced
- 2 doses of varicella or evidence of immunity (chickenpox)
You may check your child’s school immunization record by logging onto the Parent Portal through the district website or by consulting with your child’s physician. Send records to Sara Hedges at shedges@CBSD.org.
All medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter, must be kept in the health office. Medication must be sent in the original labeled container and must be accompanied by a Medication Dispensing Form signed by both the physician and the parent.
With parent permission indicated on the census verification report, acetaminophen and ibuprofen may be administered according to manufacturer’s suggested dosage. Administration of some specific nonprescription medications is available to all students under the guidelines of the district’s Medical Director. These medications include cough drops, throat spray, antacid tablets, and Neosporin ointment.
Central Bucks reserves the right to exclude children from school based on the criteria:
- Illness that prevents the child from participating in activities.
- Fever (100.4° or higher). Students may not return to school until free of fever without fever medication for 24 hours.
- Diarrhea or vomiting during the previous 24 hours. Student may not return to school until appetite has returned to normal.
- Rash with a fever.
- Other conditions deemed appropriate after assessment by the certified school nurse and/or the staff nurse.
Injuries & Doctor's Note
A doctor’s note is needed for any student that sustains an injury which requires a medical device, such as a cast, splint or crutches.
The doctor’s note should state any restrictions the child has and that they are allowed to attend school with the injury. The note should also state whether the child can participate in gym and/or recess.
School Nurse Contact Information
If your child has any medical needs, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. The staff nurses and I are happy to help!
Sara Hedges MSN, RN, CSN
Click here to access the Gayman Home and School Association page.
Kids Care Club
Island Paradise Family Dance Update
The Committee is hard at work planning a night of fun at Gayman Elementary. We are excited to announce that KONA ICE will be attending our event in an effort to truly make you feel as though you are on an island in paradise. KONA ICE accepts cash/credit card/venmo payments.
Please don't forget to sign up by May 4th and pay ($30 per family) to attend this amazing event. We hope to see you there!
Click here to access the Parent Resource page for the CBSD.
As polices change, the CBSD school board policies will supersede the Gayman Student Handbook.