By: Olivia Erwin
Facts about Sexual Abuse
- Usually happens to younger children from a family member, family friend, sibling, parent, etc.
- Child Abuse starts with when the Abuser makes a strong connection with the Victim and their family so the "Sex Offender" has an easier way of getting to the victim.
- Both male and females can be a victim of sexual abuse but males have a higher percentage of being a "Sex Offender".
- Sexual Abuse can include; sexual jokes, back rubs, hugging, "accidental" sexual touching, and "grooming".
- The Sexual Abuse starts at childhood but can eventually lead into adulthood.
- Pornography is also an example and a type of Sexual Abuse.
IF YOU SEE OR KNOW OF SEXUAL ABUSE TELL SOMEONE!
When the Victim is harmed mentally.
When the Victim is harmed by touched.
When the Victim is being harmed by threats or sexual talking.
SEXUAL ABUSE AND HARASSMENT IS A ILLEGAL!
Common Questions and Answers
a) They are easier to target because they are more vulnerable and weakness than adults.
2. Why do they do it?
b) It is a way that adults can get attention at an old age.
3. Does it accomplish anything?
c) The harassment does not accomplish anything but only the pleasure from the Abuser. The Abuser also feels as if he or she has power over another human.