September 3, 2020
A three day weekend on the horizon and some possible blue skies?! I'll take it!
My reflection from Week 7 is that Distance Learning is a roller coaster. With uphills, downhills, loops and upside down twists. Thankfully, we can do hard things. In the early morning hours of the day, I took a deep dive in search of some inspiration on none other than Instagram. One of my favorite follows is @emilywkingphd. Dr. King is a psychologist who happens to know all the things I need to hear at all the right times. The other day she posted a picture of Mr. Rogers with the reminder that "Mr. Rogers was one of the greatest teachers of all time. And he did it all virtually." That felt good.
After reading up on parenting and psychology chat, I headed over to see what @stacieswift has been up to. I love the colorful reminders Stacie shares with the world. I'll include a few below for your enjoyment. Today I clung to "You're Not Failing" and "It's Okay to Take a Break." Maybe some of you need to hear that message.
My heart is hopeful that this coming Labor Day weekend will be filled with sunshine, warmth, clean air, a ridiculously large number of hugs, and deep laughter that fills your soul.
Weekly Message From Team Penn!
Around the World Episode #5, in Thailand!!
Student Meeting Info:
Zoom links will be sent via email to the adult email address on file. If you need to check your contact information or membership status, log-in to the #PennPTA website, here.
- Provide input on the Panthers Perspective 2020 Time Capsule Project
- Be the first to know about the upcoming Lego building contest
- Learn about the Membership Drive and vote on the class party choices
- Meet Panthers from other classes
- Chance to win an extra special logo wear item
You are officially invited to a virtual lunchtime chat with Mrs. Fadeji and members of Team Penn!
This is a time for us to be available to listen and hear how we can support you. Our discussion will focus on navigating some of the challenges that come with Distance Learning. Bring your questions, your innovative ideas, and help us determine how we can best support your kids during Distance Learning. Please note: if you have a very specific concern or question, you can always contact us personally to support you. Our forum is intended to cover topics that will benefit as many families as possible.
Sign up via the Google forms below!
Girls On the Run at Home Kit
- Emphasize the important connection between physical and emotional health
- Help girls learn valuable skills such as how to cope when things get difficult, demonstrate care for self and others, and practice positivity.
- Bring FUN during these difficult times. From silly starters to the movement games and challenges, girls will laugh, create, and grow through each activity.
Also included with kit purchase:
- An exclusive GRL PW R t-shirt
- 8-week Physical Activity Guide.
- Access to free GOTR at Home videos to guide her through the lessons at her own pace
- Completion Certificate.
- Entry to Community Virtual 5K in December where participants will receive a medal and a GOTR Drawstring Bag.
- A few other fun surprises delivered directly to her doorstep!