Vocab Presentation 10
By Mr. Jacob S. Bernstein
Fill in the Blank
On the football team, Coach Hertz is known for his __________ speeches given when a player messes up.
CASTUS <L. ""pure", "spotless" CASTIGO CASTIGARE CASTIGAVI CASTIGATUM <L. "to punish", "to correct", "to restrain"tr. v.
- To punish; to criticize severely; to chastise
n. castigation, castigator adj. castigatory
Synonyms and Antonyms
Choose the sentence where CASTIGATE is used incorrectly
- The known castigator would yell and chastise people at the slightest mistake.
- Students will be castigated by the administration, if they are caught not having their name tag on multiple times.
- Teachers will write castigation remarks on papers that show poor planing and lack of effort
- The football player could not take the harsh castigation of his coaches so him quit