The Extra Mile
Going the extra mile to support your son on his extra mile.
A note from the Ms. Phillips
We are in the process of reviewing many things from the end of last year while gearing up to wrap up this quarter. That is right it is that time again that the we wrapping up the quarter.
Please remember Thursday is early release we will be finished at 12:15 and Friday is no school, it is a teacher planning day.
AR will be two class work grades this quarter in the ELA grade. I have been meeting with each student today and tomorrow to let them know where they stand with their grades. The students have been working hard today to get back into the swing of things.
Students will be given a grade on the time spent on iReady over break, 45 mins on reading and 45 mins on math. Along with the book report that was given to be completed all work needs to be turned in no later than Wednesday, January 6, 2016.
I hope to begin sending out weekly emails again. I wanted to thank you all for the time and patience you all have shown over the last few months. I had gotten very ill. Although I am not out of the clear yet, I am 100 times better than I have been in recent weeks. Again I want to thank personally you and your children for the time and patience you have shown.
Happy New Year!!!
- We are for looking at one event from two different perspectives.
- In Writing, we will continue the writing process. We will focus on Informative paragraphs. The students will read three articles and then pull conclusions and respond to prompt. Tomorrow will be Franklin Writes, Informative.
- We continue Cold Reads. Time management with work continues to plague us, please continue to work with your sons to help to manage time better.
- Multiply fractions. Chapter 8
- Unit 8 - Force and Motion
- Unit 2 - complete.
- We will wrap up Unit 2 by completing a Journey Journal project.
This Week ..
- Social Studies Quiz (Open book)
- Discovery Probe
- Spelling Pre-Test
- Franklin Writes - Informative Essay
- Math Quiz (will review but most likely be done on Wednesday)
- Science Unit 8 Test
- Cold Reads
- Journey Journals Due (Social Studies)
- Spelling Post-Test
- STEM LAB (make-up)