Woodward North Parent Community
The final countdown!
It's so hard to believe that we are in the last 9 weeks of the 2015-2016 school year!
Everyone has a lot going on at school and with spring sports, so we know you are busy! We appreciate you taking the time to read this newsletter!
Please contact us with any needs.
Your '15/'16 WNPC Chairs,
Michelle Rosenthal, Amy Auffant, and Nilam Patel
All monthly newsletters will be stored on the website so you can refer back to them!
- Hope to see you April 1 at Bowling Night! Walk-Ins Welcome.
- You can still order a PK-1 Spring Performance DVD until midnight on April 1. Please click here to order your DVD today!
- Please check lost and found prior to April 8! Jackets and winter clothing will be donated.
- Tell your co-workers and neighbors about WN's E-Cycle Drive April 9! Additional information below.
- Mom's Night Out! Monday, April 11. No homework night.
- Summer Reading information and orders form will be sent home and due by April 12. Required summer reading books will also be sold at school on April 11, 13th and 15th.
- Field Day Concessions NEEDS VOLUNTEERS! May 19. Please consider one shift so the event can run smoothly. Sign Up Here.
1. April 1 - Family Night at Brunswick Bowling! 6 - 8 p.m. Walk-Ins are welcome.
2. April 8 - 2nd/3rd grade Spring Performance @ 1:15p.m.
3. April 9 - E-cycle Drive at WN.
4. April 11 - NO SCHOOL - Conference Day.
5. April 11 - Mom's Night Out! 7 p.m. at Cheeky Taqueria in Suwanee.
6. April 13 - Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast at Main Campus @ 8:30a.m.
7. April 15 - Faculty Appreciation Ice Cream and Dessert Social.
8. April 18 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Holiday.
9. April 21 - 4th-6th grade Spring Performance - Peter Pan @ 7 p.m.
10. April 22 - Run for Fun to benefit the Jesse Draper Boys and Girls Club.
11. April 28 - Band/Orchestra Spring Performance @7 p.m.
12. May 3 - Dance Recital @7 p.m. (Pictures that morning).
Monthly Calendar View
1. Friday, April 1 - Family Night at Brunswick Bowling! 6-8 p.m. Cosmic bowling and pizza dinner. Come join us, walk-ins are welcome!
Brunswick Bowling Center 6345 Spalding Dr., Norcross, GA 30092.
2. Friday, April 8 - the 2nd and 3rd grade will perform "Spring is the Thing" at 1:15p.m. DVDs and Blu-Rays are on sale now and will be available for purchase at the door. Credit card sales only. All orders will be sent home via backpack. Click this link to purchase.
3. Saturday, April 9 - E-cycle Drive from 9 a.m. till noon. See below.
4. Monday, April 11 - Conference Day - No School.
5. Monday, April 11- Mom's Night Out @ Cheeky Taqueria in Suwanee. Meet us on the patio! Click here to RSVP. 1039 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suwanee 30024.
6. Wednesday, April 13 - Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast at Main Campus. Volunteers from all 5 schools are invited to attend. Please respond directly to your invitation. 8:30a.m.
7. Friday, April 15 - Faculty Appreciation Ice Cream and Dessert Social. This is a teacher favorite event and a fun way to show our appreciation!
8. Monday, April 18 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Holiday
9. Thursday, April 21 - The 4th-6th graders will perform "Peter Pan" at 7 p.m. DVDs and Blu-Rays are on sale now and will be available for purchase at the door. Credit card sales only. All orders will be sent home via backpack. Click this link to purchase.
10. Friday, April 22 - Run for Fun event. Parents are welcome and encouraged to come run with their student! Fundraising will benefit the Jesse Draper Boys and Girls Club at Main Campus.
11. Thursday, April 28 - The Orchestra and Band will perform their spring concert at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to come see our WN talent! DVDs and Blu-Rays are on sale now and will be available for purchase at the door. Credit card sales only. All orders will be sent home via backpack. Click this link to purchase.
12. Thursday, May 3 - Our WN dance recital will be at 7 p.m. All dancers will have pictures taken in the morning. Gorgeous! DVDs and Blu-Rays are on sale now and will be available for purchase at the door. Credit card sales only. All orders will be sent home via backpack. Click this link to purchase.
A BIG "Thank You" goes to...
- Alissa Marshall for coming in on a teacher workday to make sure the teachers and faculty enjoyed their luncheon catered by 'Cue! The teachers really enjoyed having a faculty appreciation luncheon on a workday so they could enjoy their special lunch together!
Did You Know....
- ...giving to the Annual Fund supports your student's field trips?
- ...all 3 WN Odyssey of the Mind teams are headed to State Finals on April 9? They come to school for hours every weekend to prepare. Way to represent WN!
- ...Woodward Academy is the only school in the country with a Boys and Girls Club on campus? This relationship and opportunity propel our students to be engaged in service learning.
Saturday, April 9th, 9am-12pm
6565 Boles Road
Technology Items accepted ● desktop computers & servers ● laptops/notebooks/tablets ● monitors including LCDs (see below) ● printers & scanners ● projectors ● digital cameras & camcorders ● mobile phones & accessories ● cables & computer batteries ● software & CD/DVDs ● and almost anything else associated with technology*
*Note: No appliances are accepted, including nonLCD TVs.
PowerMyLearning performs military-grade data erasing techniques and then refurbishes what they can. The remaining items are then properly recycled through ePlanet eWaste at a certified recycling facility.
CALLING ALL WAR EAGLES - SIGN UP, LACE UP, SHOW UP
Join Woodward students, parents, and faculty participating in the 26th Anniversary Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta Race for the Cure on Saturday, May 7, at 8 a.m. at Lenox Mall. Komen Atlanta's mission is simply "to enable women to detect and survive breast cancer." This year Komen Atlanta is challenging Atlanta area schools to form teams. (Check out the Woodward War Eagle Page) Registration is easy at komenatlanta.org. Click on Race for the Cure under the Events tab, locate Woodward War Eagles Fight for the Cure, and sign up. Registrants may use the discount code schools20 once per registering student or sibling. Come out on race day. Let's show our support as a school.