Peer Ministry Summer Meeting Agenda
July 16, 2014
Sign in Via Socrative
Peer Ministry Retreat and Bonding Day
Saturday, Aug. 9th, 8am-6:30pm
6956 Nixon Dr
- Please bring a snack to share at the sharing table.
- The cost will be $10 to cover the cost of food and retreat supplies.
- A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- The day will end with Mass at Saint Catherine of Alexandria Church mass starts at 5:15 p.m. your families are invited to join us at Mass.
- Permission slips are due July 25th
Information for the Permission Slip
Date of Activity/Field Trip: August 9, 2014
Time Leaving School: 9:00 a.m. (We will not be leaving the school we will meet at the location, which happens to be around the corner from the school)
Estimated time of return: 6:30 p.m.
Teacher/Coordinator: Mr. Alvarado
Reason for activity/Field Trip: Peer Ministry Retreat and Bonding Day
Means of Transportation: Student is responsible for their own ride
Cost per student: $10
Cost to cover: Breakfast, Lunch and Retreat supplies
Students needs to bring: A snack to share
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Update on Dr. Hargis
"The idea of you and the kids praying for me actually made me cry."
"Please tell the kids that prayed for me that I thank them forever."
Update on Refugees
- Saint Catherine's is now one of three hosting sites in our Diocese that will be housing families.
- Deacon John said it would be permissible for minors to help out on sight if they have an adult chaperone with them and conform to Diocesan policy.
- The church will only be housing families as a transitional facility. Each family we house comes to us if and only if they have someone here in the U.S. like a relative or family friend. Families staying at the church should be there no longer than 24 hours.
- The church receives families from both San Diego and Texas.
- There is a 24 hour warning for when families will be coming to the church (although in some cases warnings have come only 20 minutes before arrival)
- There is not a high need for help at this time because Saint Catherine's is the third location, we serve as an overflow. With delays and changes to the way things are organized, not many families have had to come through yet.
- If you would like to help Deacon John can be contacted at Saint Catherine's (951) 781-9855 x11
Opening Liturgy - Learning to Love Our Mass
Fr. Rafael Partida was not available to do the Opening Liturgy, but Father Ed Gomez from Saint James in Perris has graciously agreed to concelebrate with our Chaplain Father Paul.
If anyone has suggestions for a Priest they think would be good as a concelebrant, please let Mr. Alvarado and Mrs. Pascua know.
Committee and Project Action Item Updates
Opening Liturgy - Nick, Dominique, Kim, Ashley
- Altar Servers
- Gift Bearers
- Setup Crew
- Break down Crew
- Slide Show Operator
- Song List
- Contact Musicians with Songs list
- Find people to help with Choir
Bishop's Mass - Lucas, Cisco, Megan, Steven
- Update Cisco and Lucas (Committee)
- Write Prayers of the Faithful (Committee)
Freshmen Retreat - Isaias, Roman, Cierra, Stacy, Jose, Krishty, Diana, Jiovanni, Stephanie
- Specify Talks (Committee)
- Rough Outline (Committee)
Sophomore Retreat - Victoria, Janise, Quinn, Atzire, Vivianna, Claudia
- Create a Name for the Retreat. (Team)
- Outlines for Talks (Atzire and Victoria)
- Find a video for the retreat (Vivianna)
- Quinn OK to MC retreat? (Committee)
- Find more icebreakers (Committee)
Weekly Rosary for Intentions - Megan and Stacy
Big Brother/Sister Program - Cierra, Stephanie, and Rachael
Liturgical Dance Team - Luisa
Recordable Spanish Story Books - Dominique and Stacy
Immigrant Refugee Project - Claudia, Kate, and Stacy
Other Possible Committees and Projects
Visiting and Elderly Home - Stacy, Janise, and Diana
Peer Counseling Promotion - Victoria, Krishty, Kim and Dominique
Soup Kitchen/Homeless Shelter - Kim
Projects that we should keep on our radar.
Junior Retreat - November 21st
Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception Mass (Morning Mass) - December 8th
Committee Break Off
If a peer minister is on multiple committees, choose the one that is the most important or is first on the calendar.
- Mr. Alvarado is working on deadline sheets for each group and will send them out as they are completed.
- Please determine times to meet and plan outside of the planning meetings, especially if your project is quickly coming up.
- Plan and establish actions items, be ready to present to the group in large group wrap up.
Large Group Wrap
All Retreats will be held at the Citrus State Park Sunkist center. If you ever have a chance to visit there to get a visual of what you will be working with you can go there and check it out. The address is:
9400 Dufferin Avenue
Riverside, CA 92504