Santa Lucia and Christmas Program
Celebrating Christmas at Salem
Hello Sunday School Families,
Salem Lutheran Church has a 65 year annual tradition of hosting the Santa Lucia, "Festival of Lights" celebration. This years celebration is Saturday, December 12th at 7am (yes am!).
This beautiful Christmas tradition of celebrates the darkest days of winter and being a Christian light in the darkness of the world. Part of our celebration includes the Tomten's and Star Boys as part of Lucia's Court. The Tomtems (2) are girls K-1st grade and the Star Boys (2) are boys in K-2nd grade. If you think your child is willing and able to sit in the front of the church for one hour during services please send me a note with your childs(ren) full name and grade.
Practice for Santa Lucia is set for Friday, December 11th at 7pm and we ask that participants arrive at Salem Saturday, December 12that 615-630am for the Santa Lucia Festival. After services Saturday is a light breakfast and pictures of the entire court.
Please consider participating, volunteering, baking, celebrating or helping the Santa Lucia committee in any number of ways this year. Below is a list of our needs, please call, text or email Julie Johnson at 320-248-5245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Church Decorating - Wednesday, December 2nd 5pm-8pm Dinner provided - no signup necessary just show up!
- Cookie Baking (if needed) Wednesday, December 9th 5pm
- Food prep, coffee, etc. - Saturday, December 12th 5-7am
- Serving and Cleanup - Saturday, December 12th 7-9:30am
- Home bound cookie deliveries December 11-13th
To volunteer please call, text or email Julie Johnson at 320-248-5245 or email@example.com.
Santa Lucia Celebration and Service
Saturday, Dec. 12th, 7am
90 Riverside Drive Southeast
Saint Cloud, MN
Christmas - A Celebration of Love
The program will be followed by a cookie and juice reception with special family Christmas crafts and activities.
Christmas Program Details and Volunteer Opportunities
- Rehearsal - Saturday December 19th
10:00-11:00 for those with speaking/acting parts & 11:00-12:00 for all kids
- Program - Sunday, December 20th at 1:00
- Cookie and Juice Reception to follow the program
- Rehearsal day helping kids into costumes, keeping kids entertained
- Making cookies for reception after the program (cookies can be delivered Saturday or Sunday)
- During program helping direct kids
- Putting up decorations up in the sanctuary before the program
- Serve cookies and juice during reception
- Help out with crafts or activities during reception
Please consider how you can help make the Christmas Program special and contact Jodi during Sunday School or at JodiMarie76@gmail.com.