Chris Tufts, Ed.S.
Alston Ridge Elementary
West Cary Middle School
- improve academic achievement
- promote positive behavior and mental health
- support diverse learners
- create safe, positive school climates
- strengthen family-school partnerships
- improve school-wide assessment and accountability
BACK TO SCHOOL~The Power of Mindfulness
Alliance offers mental health, developmental disability and substance abuse services to children and adults in Durham, Wake, Cumberland and Johnston counties through a large network of private providers.
- Born in Vineland, NJ
- Moved to North Carolina in 1987
- Attended University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill, and University of Kentucky
- School psychology experience: Dallas Independent School District, Durham Public Schools, Wake County Public School System
- Specialty areas: Traumatic Brain Injury, Autism Spectrum Disorder
Classroom Accommodations for TBI
Posted 4/26/17. Structuring the environment is often helpful for students who have suffered a traumatic brain injury. The following excerpt from brainline.org provides helpful information regarding typical classroom accommodations that can be considered when a child returns to school.
For more information, refer to the complete article.